Hickok45 shoots the CZ P-09 Duty - 19+1!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Dude, at first glance, this gun almost looked like it made its own ammo! Daddy likey!:gun2:

Haven't been so excited about a handgun's capacity since he reviewed the PMR-30!

Checkit out:

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    These new polymer offerings from CZ are great and if the P09 is a bigger P07 then it's going to do well. From the video It appears that the P09 is very accurate.

It's just too bad that it will never make the roster because I highly doubt CZ is going to make a 10 round magazine for it.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Even if it was on the roster it is probably impossible to find like every other CZ at the moment. I wouldnt mind SP-01 Phantom if I was going the polymer route.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I've got a P-09 in 9mm, and my preliminary impressions are they it is a very shootable handgun, and has great potential. The DA trigger is a bit stiff out of the box, and SA has a very long takeup prior to break. I did find the factory sights to be less than satisfactory, and have since replaced them with the high profile steel sights offered by Cajun Gun Works.

Tony at JM Custom Kydex is making me OWB and AIWB holsters for it, and I'm contemplating having Cajun Gun Works do their defensive carry package on it.

I'll be shooting it in the months to come, and if it proves to be reliable I am contemplating taking it to the Tom Givens Advanced Instructor Class in May-June.

As this pistol's popularity is picking up, I'm hopeful that CZ will offer 10 round mags for it.

Last edited:

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I'm also planing on purchasing the Cajun Gun Works hammer and reduced reset spring kit for my P07. Pricey but from what I hear it's worth it.

I actually fitted the CGW rear drift sight and added the CZ tall competition front sight and it gave me POI at 12 yards. Wonderful gun if you replace the sights. Another big plus is the Serpa holster for the HK USP compact is a perfect fit for the P07 duty as if it was made for it.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I emailed CZ-USA this morning, asking if they had any plans to market 10 round P-09 mags.

I and got a prompt reply indicating that there were no plans yet for a 10 rd mag.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I emailed CZ-USA this morning, asking if they had any plans to market 10 round P-09 mags.

I and got a prompt reply indicating that there were no plans yet for a 10 rd mag.

Very disappointing.

nyc71

May 14, 2012
    I've bitten the CZ bug. At one point I wanted a P09 but I've been getting the all metal only. Once I get a Phantom them I'll order the 09.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom