• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA
    Ok, I got the g19 gen 4 - question is on sight alignment.

When I alight the sights its looks like this:

G19 Sight Picture

I don't understand whats up with this. My G17 wasn't like this, nor are any of my other pistols. usually the front dot is complete when aligned.

I was on the phone w/ Glock to check that my recoil spring was up do date and I brought up the issue. He said to alight with the dot w/ the rear sight - I told him when i did this that front sight post rises above the rear and it is not level - he said 'that's normal'. I left it at that, but for me that doesn't seem normal.

what gives?

(pic is from a google search i did on the issue)

Dec 6, 2011
    Normal for a Glock. Not as evident in longer slide versions due to longer sight radius. Go to night sights, file the rear center a little lower, or paint the front and put in a new dot a little higher. My agency has used Glocks for over 20 years. Even the Gen 1s did this.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I really don't pay attention to the 'dots' on my G19 Gen3.
    I align the sights. Top of front sight - even with the top of the rear sight - centered - and held at the exact point I want the 'boolit' to strike.
    (My G19 sights are set-up for a center hold, or POA = POI.)

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Yea, it bugged me with my G30, I painted the outer portion of the front dot to make it smaller, and that fixed it. I had the issue of lining up the top of the sights in bright light, and lining up the dot in the cup in low light, shifting the group higher. I cured the problem completely with a set of Novak night 3 dot sights, much better picture for me.

randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    I've never had a set of the plastic sights on long enough for it to be a problem. Replacing them really is worth the extra few dollars.

BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA
    Yea, it bugged me with my G30, I painted the outer portion of the front dot to make it smaller, and that fixed it. I had the issue of lining up the top of the sights in bright light, and lining up the dot in the cup in low light, shifting the group higher. I cured the problem completely with a set of Novak night 3 dot sights, much better picture for me.

thanks, ya i was leaning towards night sights as a fix.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    The pic is pretty much how you have to align the stock Glock sights but my question is why on earth would you use the stock Glock sights?

There's so many options that I'm sure you can find something you like.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    my gen4 g32 is the same way brother. I just got used to shooting it and it doesn't really bother me anymore. Night sights is where I'm headed anyway. Hellooo gunconnection.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    thanks, ya i was leaning towards night sights as a fix.

It is a shame the front dot is just a hair too big, and the sights just a little too low, they really are very quick to get on targets at close range. You can just put a night sight in front, and the smaller dot, coupled with the glow will help in low light, the big wide white bracket of the rear sight is relatively easy to see in low light, so for just a few bucks, and an easy fix, you get most of the benefits of night sights, although a set of night sights in better, especially if you intend it to be a defensive pistol. The plastic sights really don't bother me, I carried my G30SF with the stock plastic adjustable sights for years till I swapped them out, and while I take care of the pistol, I am not gentle with it, the sights held up fine, never moved when bumped, and pressed out nice and easy when I replaced them.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Seems to me someone wanting to do precision shooting with a Glock won't be using the stock sights anyway. Center mass, no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom