• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Got this beast on private land in east baltimore county. I dont get to hunt nearly as much as I like so this was a real treat for me. The largest deer I have taken so so far. 8 point and 145lbs dressed.

Excellent score, congratulations! :thumbsup:

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Thanks! I was really excited. Like I said, I dont get to hunt much, so that makes this deer mean that much more to me. My dad got a small doe. So one up-ing the old man was a treat too :)

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Matt, I was still batting zero tonight. How you like that h&r slug gun? My wife shoots one too! its deadly with feserals loaded with those barnes expanders.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Matt, I was still batting zero tonight. How you like that h&r slug gun? My wife shoots one too! its deadly with feserals loaded with those barnes expanders.

Thats alright, you have a whole lot more huntin to do! Today is likely to be my only day all year. :envy: I love that shotgun. I am going to try Federals and Remington Core-loks next. I dont like the Hornady SST that I am using now. The exit hole was no larger than the entrance and I had a misfire today. What a fun reload drill while you have that monster stairing you down, lol.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Thats alright, you have a whole lot more huntin to do! Today is likely to be my only day all year. :envy: I love that shotgun. I am going to try Federals and Remington Core-loks next. I dont like the Hornady SST that I am using now. The exit hole was no larger than the entrance and I had a misfire today. What a fun reload drill while you have that monster stairing you down, lol.

come up the shop next wednsday and I will treat you to a box of federal barnes loads!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    congrats to the folks that took a deer this weekend...i havent seen anything the last three days out...i did see a bat this evening! hahaha. heard some shots not far from me maybe a half a mile or so...oh well maybe next weekend!:D

Irish Alley

Nov 27, 2011
    Think ill share our story from the farm. Yesterday shotgun opend up a friend of the family who has everything inline as far as following laws i.e. licens placement of stand landowners permission note. Well about 0700 he sees a buck, so he waits for it to get out in the open. He shoots it once in the chest (got the heart) the buck in knocked down but then jumps back up and slowly walks toward him so he trys to shoot again to finish him off only to miss. Well right after that shot some kid on the property next to us starts shooting onto our property at the same deer only to shoot the front leg, now it has no front legs due to my father inlaw shooting the other about 10 minutes before the fatal shot. So as hes crawling on his front nubs the kid pumps two more shots into the deer gut shots. By this time the friend screams over to the kid “ hey stop shooting on our property” the deer dies and they both get out of there stands and start talking about the deer. The friend calls father inlaw he get there only to see these two standing over a buck both with guns still inhand. The kid after the stand off said “well you can have him” then ask if he plans on mounting it. They said no and he says he would like to European mount the buck the friend and father both just grabed the buck and walk away. Later on the land owner the kid was on, who we are friends with comes over and ask where the deer was at. It went to the butcher due to the 60 degree weather. He then ask who shot first father said he did and missed the the friend did then the kid did. The guy then said I heard the rear was shot out of it and said the boy had passed this buck up in bow season and he got a 12 pointer the neibor said he also passed it up. Well if the boy passed it up then what made him change his mind now and he told the land owner he shot the rear makes me think he was tring to ruin the meat so our friend wouldn want nothing to do with the buck and give it up to him so he could mount him. Father got one this morning. Sucks I work 12x8 I miss the morning

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    got the biggest buck for me ever!:D i left a couple hours early from work and got in the blind...watched a couple yearling does come in and feed then they left. i was in the ground blind and leaned forward an had a gut feeling something was watching me so i eased back and heard a deer coming down the hill. it stopped for 5 minutes which seemed like an eternity. then i saw antlers!! he slowly came within 30yds and boom popped him! he dropped dead in its tracks! i waited a few minutes making sure it wasnt a fluke! and when i headed to go look at him spooked another deer away!! crazy day for deer!!:party29:

Attachments

• big one.JPG
      big one.JPG
      123.3 KB · Views: 246

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Good, I suggest you buy it. Maybe many of those evil people have to work? :rolleyes:

We all have to work, but in order to be a good hunter, you can't sight in your shotgun Black Friday and walk into the woods for the first time on Saturday

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    got the biggest buck for me ever!:D i left a couple hours early from work and got in the blind...watched a couple yearling does come in and feed then they left. i was in the ground blind and leaned forward an had a gut feeling something was watching me so i eased back and heard a deer coming down the hill. it stopped for 5 minutes which seemed like an eternity. then i saw antlers!! he slowly came within 30yds and boom popped him! he dropped dead in its tracks! i waited a few minutes making sure it wasnt a fluke! and when i headed to go look at him spooked another deer away!! crazy day for deer!!:party29:

Well done. I had lots of deer moving on Saturday. Brought home a big doe.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point

Congrats bud, glad you got a nice one :thumbsup:

dmb454ss

Jan 27, 2008
    Waldorf

Nice one!!!

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    First Doe of the year for me yesterday. Was pretty nice being able to mosey out the back door and into the stand 50 yards away.

adjusterr

Mar 28, 2011
    Indian Springs, Western MD
    deer 2011

Good luck this season so far, started in PA, eight point at 8:00am , then got a nice 6 point at my house in Western MD. Freezer now in good shape for the Winter.

Attachments

• Pa Buck 8 pt 20111 (676 x 507).jpg
      Pa Buck 8 pt 20111 (676 x 507).jpg
      116.5 KB · Views: 123
    • MD Buck 20112 (676 x 507).jpg
      MD Buck 20112 (676 x 507).jpg
      90.3 KB · Views: 123

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member