• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Before you slam Tapco AK mags, I used my Google-Fu talent and found one major drawback from Tapco AK mags. What I read and reviews from the net and other reviews is Tapco's are Hit/Miss on WASR's. Well there's a surprise, here is some of the reviews I read:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MGTINMAG630BBULK#Reviews

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MGTINMAG630B

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-038

What I also found was during speed loads, although the mag is ergonomic it sometimes does not catch the mag release on speed reloads like the steel mags do. I think this requires more practice!!

OK back to the $6.50/ea mags!

http://hamlundtactical.com/catalog/...oduct_info&cPath=118_125_144&products_id=1306

I emailed the owner and he said he would ship to my buddy in PA. Cheap shipping is $6.99 and I ordered a dozen mags. I ordered on Saturday online, got an email it was shipped on Mon and I got them on Thursday...not bad for $6.99

You decide for yourself....

Attachments

• MAG-038.jpg
      MAG-038.jpg
      4.5 KB · Views: 284

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Coulda got 10 chinese steel mags shipped for 100 and they would literally last you forever.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    i love my tapco ak mags, i don't see what all the fuss is about. they fit my IO ak47 perfectly and are rattle free. great deal:thumbsup:

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    While I prefer commie metal mags, even over bakelite (yeah, bakelite is for collectin' and lookin purdy, and for deep wallets), I have to say, the Tapco AK mags I have have never caused me any grief. They actually fit, in some AKs looser than others, but that's like many other things... They do spill rounds if you drop a loaded mag, but I try hard not to drop loaded mags. I do have issues with Tapco mags being used as 922R compliance, though, I just think that's lazy.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    People are always getting rid of them on ar15 for that price, I've said it before contact wyomingnick on that forum.

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    I'm calling (for now) Shenanigans on this. I ordered 8 of em this morning, with a PA shipping address and I just had my order rejected.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I'm calling (for now) Shenanigans on this. I ordered 8 of em this morning, with a PA shipping address and I just had my order rejected.

I got mine yesterday....they were shipped to PA and I picked them us this AM. I emailed the owner first and in the notes i said that the it was approved to e sent to PA.

perhaps your address and CC addy didn't match

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    For those who don't believe that I paid for them and had them shipped to my buddy in PA. He's not a gun guy or on MDS.

you be the judge...

Does Copes ship to another addy other than the CC?

Last edited:

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    Just got an email saying they didn't notice the PA shipping address and are now going to ship my order. So mystery solved, I stand corrected.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    This is not a crime.

Guess it depends on the definition of "purchase".

Seems a lot of people do this, buy them online then ship to PA or other State, then go and collect them from a "friend".

Isn't the purchase/transaction taking place in MD though, while you're sat at home on your PC?

Regardless of where they are "shipped" or "collected/transferred", the purchase is taking place in MD, no?

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just seems this topic starts a lot of flame wars, and as law abiding 2A supporters, we should be preaching the truth.

At least in an open forum, how you actually do it, is your own business.

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    By my recollection, transportation into Maryland and receipt of those items are prohibited as well as the purchase of. The law doesn't prohibit ownership as a grandfather to ownership prior to the code

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    “A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.” Md. Criminal Law Code § 4-305(b).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom