• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    The only "disadvantage" of purchasing more than one firearm in a single transaction, is that the FFL MUST notify ATF of the transaction and ATF will then hold record of the transaction. Otherwise (one firearm/transaction), the dealer holds the paperwork, the NCIC check is deleted after 24 hours, and "only" Maryland MSP has the "voluntary" registration of your firearm (which they keep forever and use it to populate their GIS mapping database with the location of all registered weapons in the state as well as the ID's of all CCW licensee's).

Had no idea ATF was notified. Where did you get that information?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That all may be true, but if their is any reason to be concerned who has a record of a gun you bought is the state police and not the ATF. if we in Maryland ever have real problems with our guns it will be because Maryland will out law the ownership of firearms not the ATF. It's the states that come up with the very restrictive laws, not the feds.

They will figure it out someway anyways.........who hasnt done pistol paperwork at least once in the last couple years.

What do you think will happen someday when the FFLs start turning their books in.

Recordation is a fact of life I fear.

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    They will figure it out someway anyways.........who hasnt done pistol paperwork at least once in the last couple years.

What do you think will happen someday when the FFLs start turning their books in.

Recordation is a fact of life I fear.

Mine were lost in a tragic boating accident:

Boatingaccident.jpg

TheSwiftOne

Nov 24, 2008
    Not planning on it - you need a Notary? I have a event I have to be to at 2:00 but may be able to help you out before or after that.

Send me an email

Thanks but I have a few errands to run so I'm not sure of when I'll get there. If all I need is the notary I can always pop into the credit union....thanks again.

Sling1

Provocative Interloper
    Nov 25, 2009
    Frederick
    I need to become a MD designated collector. I shoot at a friends farm and have always wondered what happens if I get stopped for forgetting a turn signal or something stupid. This would make it legit. Nice.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I need to become a MD designated collector. I shoot at a friends farm and have always wondered what happens if I get stopped for forgetting a turn signal or something stupid. This would make it legit. Nice.

If you are going to an "informal target practice" you are already covered. In fact, even if you are NOT, just say you are. Who's duty is it to prove you are commiting a crime?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

You do not need to be considered a collector to drive to and from your friends farm to shoot. This is considered driving to and from an informal shooting event and transporting a hand gun for this reason is OK, just as driving to and from a gun range is OK.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    If you are going to an "informal target practice" you are already covered. In fact, even if you are NOT, just say you are. Who's duty is it to prove you are commiting a crime?

That's correct. But I would like to add you can get into allot of gray area if after you go to your shooting range or your friends farm to do some target practice, and then after you decide to go out to dinner, the football game, shopping, or driving around the country side or whatever. You could get pulled over by a police officer who will know where your shooting event is/was, he/she will know where you live, and he/she will be smart enough to figure out that your not just driving to and from you shooting event and your home.

Then you also have to know that there are police and there are police. What I mean is some police will lock their own mom up for jaywalking. Others will explain what you can do and can't do as the law is written and then send you on your way after they tell you not to drive around with your gun after your done with your shooting event.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    This 'Designated Collector" for Maryland, is that the same as a C&R?

What does that get me? Other than buying more than one regulated firearm at a time. Still have waiting period right?

Dave

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Dont mean to thread jack but whats a number I can call to ask for status. I submitted my App around Nov and still nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom