• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hard_core_emt

Mar 21, 2010
    Oakland, MD
    Hello all , I work for a welding/ fab shop, The Welding Rod, LLC ,here in Garrett Co. We recently bought a Messer CNC plasma cutter . As a trained operator of it , I have the green light to use it to cut anything that will bring in revenue . I myself would like to cut out some 3/8" & 1/2" steel targets. I'm still working with the boss on pricing , but i'm hoping to be cheaper than stores online .Local pick up as well as UPS shipping will be available . Also being semi local to some may save alot on shipping charges. Any way i will post up more on pricing and sizes next week . Feel free to post up any questions . Thanks

Pricing on AR-500 3/8"-1/2" Targets

4" Square or D Shaped - $9.50 /$ 12
    5" Square or D Shaped - $12.50 / $16
    6" Square or Circle - $15.50 / $20
    8" Square or Circle - $22.50 / $30
    10" Square or Circle - $31.50 / $40
    12" Square or circle - $41.50 / $52
    15" Square or Circle - $57.50 / $72
    18" Square or Circle - $80.50 / $100

All targets can be cut with 1 hole for a static mount or 2 holes for a chain mount .

ISPC 8"x12" - $35 / $40
    ISPC 12"x20" - $70.00/ $95.00
    ISPC 18"x30" - $135.00 / 165.50

I can also Weld Flat bar to the base of the 4" & 5" targets for those who want to sit them up and knock them down . Price upon request . Targets stands can be custom built per needs also .

UPS and Fed-ex shipping is available daily at the shop . Shipping charges will be exact amount . Will ship from 21550. Also i'm willing to ship targets USPS in the flat rate box. And as always , local pickup is available Monday - Friday 7:00am - 4:00pm . After hours and weekends by contacting me to arrange a time

Feel free to PM me any questions or requests.. Thanks ! Targets are still 1-2 weeks from being cut . Programming is still being done and steel needs to be ordered .

Last edited:

hard_core_emt

Mar 21, 2010
    Oakland, MD
    Our shop is located on Sand Flat Road . about 2 miles south of Deep Creek Lake . Also , What are some of the most common sizes shooters like ? i was thinking 4"-12" circles , maybe some 12x20 silhouette targets ?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Round steel targets are everywhere, I'm thinking if you made different shapes: Squirrels, Ground Hogs, Ducks, Bells etc. That might generate a lot of interest

hard_core_emt

Mar 21, 2010
    Oakland, MD
    Round steel targets are everywhere, I'm thinking if you made different shapes: Squirrels, Ground Hogs, Ducks, Bells etc. That might generate a lot of interest

I really like that idea . The software i use allows me to scan any picture and turn it into a DXF file . Maybe even some steel bowling pins ? I will deff look into this ! Thanks !

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I would definitely be interested depending on price and pickup or shipping cost

Shipping shouldn't be terrible. I bought some 1/2" Ar500 targets last year and the company used the Post Office "if it fits , it ships for a flat fee" box. I'll bet the workers in the Post office in their town HATE THEIR GUTS :lol2:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I have a bunch of 3/8" and 1/2" plates and I beat my AR-500 with 1,000 to 1,200 bullets a week.

My Number One suggestion is to avoid sharp inside corners and other stress points that will lead to premature cracking. Other than surface damage from too much velocity too close, all other failures are related to the inside corner cuts. I would not make any inside corner with less than a 0.250" radius.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

I agree. If you have a piece of equipment like that you should do something different than everyone else.

Also, since you have a fab shop it would be nice if you sold a solid frame to hold the targets too, or build them on some type of a stand that could be attached to something standard like a 2x4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom