• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdave442

Oct 9, 2013
    Cecil County, Md.
    Just received my non-resident ccw permit in the mail yesterday. From the day they received it, too the day it arrived at my door was only 33 days:party29: Sweet!

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    Is the Utah training course also sufficient to satisfy the "competence with a handgun" requirement for the VA non-res permit?

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Is the Utah training course also sufficient to satisfy the "competence with a handgun" requirement for the VA non-res permit?
    I believe the answer is 'YES'. Here are the requirements for VA: http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_ResidentConcealed.shtm#Documentation

I'm a resident, so I went to the local courthouse, submitted the application in person, raised my right hand to the clerk of the court and certified that all of the statements I was making were true. Three weeks later I received my CCW in the mail.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 798

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    Yes, I just sent a copy of my certificate I received when I finished my Utah traning course from Dukes Defense.

I got my Utah permit during the summer and was wondering if spending another $100 for the VA non res permit would be prudent if my only "out-of-MD travels" via automobile are to PA, VA, WV, and DE. (Not worrying about taking it on an airline trip.......yet.)

Is there any advantage to having the VA non res permit in addition to the Utah non res permit?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I got my Utah permit during the summer and was wondering if spending another $100 for the VA non res permit would be prudent if my only "out-of-MD travels" via automobile are to PA, VA, WV, and DE. (Not worrying about taking it on an airline trip.......yet.)

Is there any advantage to having the VA non res permit in addition to the Utah non res permit?

Not much advantage. VA permit will allow you to carry in school zones, out of state reciprocal will not. I have both UT and VA and I frequent VA enough that this made it worth it for me. See link below for more info.

http://vaguninfo.com/pages/gunfreeschools.htm

bigdave442

Oct 9, 2013
    Cecil County, Md.

I believe VA non-resident gets you New Mexico and Utah does not.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Here is the BATF opinion on carry in school zones. If you spend a lot of time in VA, it may be worth it. I do and have a VA NR permit.

Attachments

• batf_school_zone_ruling.pdf
      635.9 KB · Views: 132

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Hunting license was enough for VA.

The MD handgun video is enough for the VA Non resident permit

We really need to stop using what is just "enough" for training. Hunter safety classes and 20 minute online videos should never be used to obtain a CHP. That's why we're losing our agreement with Delaware on Dec. 7....I'm afraid other states will follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom