• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Just curious, why O'Malley isn't named? Isn't he in charge of the MSP both on and off paper?

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    You may be correct there. I thought that S.C. had to review the state to see if the permit meets their criteria first before reciprocity is given.

I may be wrong here.

South Carolina recognizes Florida's CCW permit if you are a Florida resident, and vise versa. Both Florida and South Carolina offer non-resident permits, however Florida's non-resident permit is unrestricted to any US citizen who otherwise qualifies. In South Carolina you have to own real property in the state to get the non-resident permit. Since South Carolina doesn't recognize Florida's non-resident permits, Florida won't recognize South Carolina's non-resident permits. Both states recognize each other's resident permits, however.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    How does MSI figure in this? Did SAF consult them? Is MSI helping foot the bill? Aside from supporting the little guy, why is it better to send $150 to each instead of $300 to SAF? Just trying to figure it out.

A lot of questions, and I've been away all day...same with Norton.

MSI knew about this a while back, and while all the armchair quarterbacks were bitching that we weren't "doing enough" or we were being "too polite" we were grinding our teeth trying to remain mute while getting all of our ducks in a row. Norton did a lot of background research for this case and got a lot of the names, dates and info that will be needed to make this a success.

And yes, we are helping to foot the bill. We've been holding off on purchasing a lot of things that people thought we should buy, and holding back on things that people thought we should do. We (MSI) will be cutting a major check to support this. This is our mission, and we've been laying groundwork in ways that weren't appropriate for public discussion.

So to the impatient paeople that have been pissing and moaning about the lack of action, you can go **** yourselves. Thanks for making our jobs ten times harder while we put things together for this.

There's others that will be influential in this as well, but I'll let them announce their involvement whenever they feel the time is right.

But this is no slam dunk, and don't think for a second that win or lose, our enemies in the legislature won't try to pay us back tenfold.

As to the money thing, I don'tt hink it matters where you send money to now....just send it. This case is priority one for MSI as it's the flagship mission. Fighting other bad legislation, as important as it is to do so is always second on the mission statement and we're a few months away from MD's legislative session.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Best $150.00 I ever spent.

To SAF, MSI, Gura, Hansel and company,

UNLEASH HELL!!!!

Hell on the courts is coming. I have nearly 5 weeks of vacation time accrued to work with the plantiffs on this.

I'm not a smart man, but what I lack in brains I make up for in purely reliable blue collar labor.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    Hell on the courts is coming. I have nearly 5 weeks of vacation time accrued to work with the plantiffs on this.

I'm not a smart man, but what I lack in brains I make up for in purely reliable blue collar labor.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:party29::party29::party29::party29::party29:
    :party29::party29::party29::party29::party29:

meager donation coming after I get my paycheck next week

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

MSI knew about this a while back, and while all the armchair quarterbacks were bitching that we weren't "doing enough" or we were being "too polite" we were grinding our teeth trying to remain mute while getting all of our ducks in a row. Norton did a lot of background research for this case and got a lot of the names, dates and info that will be needed to make this a success.

And yes, we are helping to foot the bill. We've been holding off on purchasing a lot of things that people thought we should buy, and holding back on things that people thought we should do. We (MSI) will be cutting a major check to support this. This is our mission, and we've been laying groundwork in ways that weren't appropriate for public discussion.

So to the impatient paeople that have been pissing and moaning about the lack of action, you can go **** yourselves. Thanks for making our jobs ten times harder while we put things together for this.

There's others that will be influential in this as well, but I'll let them announce their involvement whenever they feel the time is right.

But this is no slam dunk, and don't think for a second that win or lose, our enemies in the legislature won't try to pay us back tenfold.

As to the money thing, I don'tt hink it matters where you send money to now....just send it. This case is priority one for MSI as it's the flagship mission. Fighting other bad legislation, as important as it is to do so is always second on the mission statement and we're a few months away from MD's legislative session.

Im VERY hapy to hear this case has MSI's blessings. Very happy. :)

BTW, I may have the urge to hug you and Norton, but not in a gay way. :lol2:

Seriously. You both are Patriots and a Blessing to every resident of Maryland.

Thank You both.

Last edited:

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    Is there any way an intelligent, but non-law-educated person like myself might be of assistance? I've sent the $$ I can afford but I may be able to help in other ways as well if I knew what was needed.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83

Back when I was active in scuba diving in the '90s it was common for certain locations to charge a fee to help pay for a decompression chamber, in case a diver had an accident.

Along those lines how about MSI working with the FFLs in state to collect a $10/gun "fee" to help fund this. Why not rework the MSI site to allow a person to make their own payments along this line. All of the $$ going to help defray the costs.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I spoke to the Michigan State Police when I was traveling with my work permits (MD Specifically). They said they will not honor restricted permits.

Perhaps local cops wouldnt care but I wont test it.

Interesting. I wonder if they assumed your permit was one of the NY-esque Hunting/Target or "Premises" permits. Did they ask you specifics about your work permit? I don't understand how they could accept 49 states' permits and not expect to deal with some that are 'restricted' in their location. Iowa issues permits that can be restricted to employment. Does the Michigan State Police inspect every single one?

PA counties generally have the same policy of not issuing non-resident permits to people with restricted permits. My MD permit, naturally, is restricted. However, PA issued me a non-resident permit in about 20 minutes.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008

You guys suck!

Now I will have to send some cash to MSI and sign up for SAF.

Thanks...

I think my yearly is due for MSI anyway.

I'll try to make a few decent donations this year, I've been slacking a bit.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    Back when I was active in scuba diving in the '90s it was common for certain locations to charge a fee to help pay for a decompression chamber, in case a diver had an accident.

Along those lines how about MSI working with the FFLs in state to collect a $10/gun "fee" to help fund this. Why not rework the MSI site to allow a person to make their own payments along this line. All of the $$ going to help defray the costs.
    As important as this is, I don't support a tax style of raising money. This should be a voluntary effort.

With that said, what about a local "round-up" campaign for MSI, just like the NRA does with many on-line merchants.

Gray Peterson

Aug 18, 2009
    Lynnwood, WA
    They probably won't have any reciprocity right away. I don't even know if it would be effective to sue for reciprocity if they give permits to non-residents. Either way :party29::party29::party29::party29::party29::party29:

As someone who is suing a city and state (Denver and State of Colorado) for refusing to allow me to apply for a license and recognition of my non-resident licenses, Maryland does not have the same issue as Colorado and many other states. Both residents and non-residents are treated the same, period.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom