• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikebalt

Nov 4, 2014
    Catonsville, MD
    Less than 300 rounds through my pistol but I noticed yellowish streaks -
    not sure if this is copper or normal wear - pretty sure it is not rust.

See the pictures what do you think?

gun.jpg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Try Wipe Out.

Bore Cleaning (Copper and Carbon)

-Wipe Out Bore Foam or Patch Out Liquid (No Brushes Needed)

This is the BEST Bore Cleaner I have ever tried bar-none. Wipe Out FOam and Wipe Out Tactical Advantage Liquid. These twp Products are not harmful to your Bore and they perform better than any other Bore Cleaner I have tested. It takes about one hour per application to work to its maximum effectiveness. It eliminates the need for Brushes and is safe for all Barrels. All you use is a Cleaning Rod, Jag, Patches, and this Product to clean your Barrel.

You should be VERY careful to avoid Bore Foam or Tactical Advantage Out from making contact as it can damage some painted Gun Finishes and some Wood Finishes.

Wipe Out Bore Foam

Wipe Out Tactical Advantage Liquid

-Wipe Out Accelerator

Wipe Out Accelerator is a product that cuts Bore Cleaning time down to about 30 minutes when you apply to the Bore before applying Wipe Out Bore Foam or Patch Out Liquid. I must advise users to be cautious about using Accelerator. I have seen cases where this Product has resulted in surface corrosion in the Chamber and Bore for NON-Chrome Lined Barrels.

Accelerator

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Copper fouling, and perfectly normal.

Yep. Perfectly normal, I wouldn't do anything. When you clean it just run a brass or nylon brush with some CLP or oil through the barrel. Clandestine recommends "wipeout" if you really want to clean your barrel; but I doubt you'll see any difference in accuracy.

All modern guns will work well for tens of hundreds of rounds just fine with little more than a scrub of the chamber/ramp and wipe down with CLP now and then. Don't baby your tools, just don't let it rust. :)

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Yep. Perfectly normal, I wouldn't do anything. When you clean it just run a brass or nylon brush with some CLP or oil through the barrel. Clandestine recommends "wipeout" if you really want to clean your barrel; but I doubt you'll see any difference in accuracy.

All modern guns will work well for tens of hundreds of rounds just fine with little more than a scrub of the chamber/ramp and wipe down with CLP now and then. Don't baby your tools, just don't let it rust. :)

^^^^^

It's Copper!! If you REALLY want to clean it out use "Wipe Out" as suggested previously. Otherwise, use a boresnake periodically and then every 500 rnds use the Wipe Out followed with a VERY "Light" application of Kroil for corrosion prevention.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Stay away from the the real strong ammonia agents like Sweets. They can and will damage the barrel

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Skidmarks baby... Start shooting the good shit.

Good or bad, it can all make skid marks. BTW, there are lots of products to reduce or remove copper fouling. I have found Blue Wonder to work really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom