• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    Do you need to complete the Hunter's Safety Course to bow hunt in MD?

I looked online and it seems to be only for rifle and shotgun hunters. I could be wrong though.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    hunter safety course covers all.. unless you want an advance hunter ed to specific.. bow or muzzle loader. but not required to get the license.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    iirc you can not get a license without a safety card
    True, I believe, but... there is a loophole for us old guys that hunted prior to '77 on private land, did that for many years (used the exception), but.... if you want to hunt out of state, you likely will need it, so I finally got mine for that reason alone.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    True, I believe, but... there is a loophole for us old guys that hunted prior to '77 on private land, did that for many years (used the exception), but.... if you want to hunt out of state, you likely will need it, so I finally got mine for that reason alone.
    This:
    Prior to July 1, 77 either a license or hunting on private land is the magic date. There is no way for them to check except your age. Late Generation X and all Y are s.o.l.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

I'm in the same boat. Don't need HS cert. to hunt in Md. I took the online test, I just need to break down and go to IWLA and do the field day. So much to do, so little time.:sad20:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks Will. I'm gonna do it tomorrow! I don't se why people like me need a field day. Hell, I'm older than most the guys teaching HS and probably have more 'field time' than they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom