• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I guess I'm the only guy in the world that hasn't kept up with the Under Armor brand. What about their line of outdoor wear? What's the interest in it? Is it lighter but warmer? Better for insulation?

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Well if you are buying Under Armor then it's a knock off....

I only buy UNDER ARMOUR :D:innocent0

In all honesty they have cool looking stuff... some of it cheap as hell quality and premium prices but they are 100% guaranteed so if it tears or fades I return it for refund or credit....
    :party29:

I personally like Nike quality better but the UA logo and popularity has my heart.... LOL
    ****Posted 24 hours after spending $500+ on Underarmour.com last night for Xmas*****

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I guess I'm the only guy in the world that hasn't kept up with the Under Armor brand. What about their line of outdoor wear? What's the interest in it? Is it lighter but warmer? Better for insulation?

Don't feel like the lone ranger, I've heard of it, but I don't have any of it.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    For cold weather, their underwear is lightweight, breathes, and wicks sweat away from your body. Keeps you warm. No substitute for multiple outer layers. Got nothing to say about their clothing.

I prefer traditional, lightweight, long thermal underwear (skin tight). More comfortable to me over the long haul.

krucam

Ultimate Member

When layering for cool weather riding on my motorcycle, I always have one of their long sleeve compression shirts as my base layer. Skin tight keeps my warmth tight against my skin and also keeps wind from finding its way to my arms & torso. Light weight to boot...

I highly recommend buying one & giving it a try.

http://www.amazon.com/Under-Armour-...r_1_5?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1416687939&sr=1-5

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I've had a few of their beanies and really like them. Haven't tried any of their other stuff but friends speak highly of it

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    A friend of mines son was sitting next to a bonfire when an ember floated up in the air and drifted onto the back of his UA shirt. At first he thought it was a bee sting, then the flame spread. He dropped and rolled and the fire continued.

He was medivaced to the hospital where he spent three months.

3rd degree burns from shoulder to shoulder down to his lower waist. Hideously disfigured.

I like the look, I like the brand and I like the story of how the business started. I don't like the lack of flammability warnings.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I have a stepson that likes it. We have bought him things at the warehouse outlet but it ain't cheap. You could buy it anywhere for the price they charge at the warehouse.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The only under armour I have, is middle layer for hunting.

In early fall it is a quiet breathable outer layer on a good day. Works great hunting on those cold days in the stand as a mid layer.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Always seemed pricy to me and I don't like the color accents on their cammo at all. Wifey swears by it, though.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    The tag inside mine says they were made in Columbia. Way over priced for something not made in the USA. Good thing they were purchased at Bass Pro with a gift card from an employer.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    A friend of mines son was sitting next to a bonfire when an ember floated up in the air and drifted onto the back of his UA shirt. At first he thought it was a bee sting, then the flame spread. He dropped and rolled and the fire continued.

He was medivaced to the hospital where he spent three months.

3rd degree burns from shoulder to shoulder down to his lower waist. Hideously disfigured.

I like the look, I like the brand and I like the story of how the business started. I don't like the lack of flammability warnings.

Crazy you say that. A friend of mines company was giving Under Armour to their workers overseas and she gave me some. There was a tag on the bottoms I got that says:

FIRE WARNING THIS GARMENT WILL MELT UNDER EXTREME HEAT

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    They are a local Balmer company so they naturally get a lot of play around here. I don't have any of their stuff but it frankly looks better on really fit, muscular dudes and it wasn't on my radar 15 years ago(when I could have actually worn it well.)

And I bought a few of their items at Bass Pro a few months ago and part of the price went towards the Wounded Warrior program, so even though their prices tend to be a bit rich, they do put some of their profit to good use.

Personally, I have raised about $1700, and with the help of Monumental R & P Club and some 24 individuals and two businesses who donated funds for two Wounded Warrior projects that I was moved to sponsor: one Army enlisted veteran, with two Purple Hearts from two separate sandbox conflicts, received a M1 Garand, many accessories and a membership in Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club and an AGC range badge in July 2011.

This past Spring a Navy veteran in Williams AZ received M1 Garand accessories and parts for his Garand, a tote bag, cleaning equipment, protective glasses and ear protection when a few friends and I raised over $350 to help him.

In both instances, these deserving men had suffered debilitating leg wounds, and the Navy lad had lost a leg after more than 20 surgeries that failed to save it.

I met the first soldier at a local C&R/Vintage match on Marriottsville Road in 2011. Soldier #2 came to my attention when I was selling merchandise on a CMP forum. I have spoken with him only through emails and he had expressed interest in a Winchester bolt I was selling. I ended up giving it to him and then raised funds from a few friends and sent him the merchandise mentioned above.

Thanks, too, to Paul at Constitutional Arms, store now closed, for his generous donation of merchandise and to Al, former owner of the now closed Gun Rack for the hearing protection donation.

Lew--Ranger63
    US Army (Ret--1984)

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Crazy you say that. A friend of mines company was giving Under Armour to their workers overseas and she gave me some. There was a tag on the bottoms I got that says:

FIRE WARNING THIS GARMENT WILL MELT UNDER EXTREME HEAT

I think they should have left out the word EXTREME. It doesn't really take all that much heat, but then, one has to wonder what their definition of extreme is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom