• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Let's assume the buyer takes possession of the SKS in its original configuration, which means it has the non-detachable magazine. Would it not be illegal for him to then convert it to use a detachable magazine?

Yes I believe it would be illegal to do that in Maryland. That would make it a banned rifle in maryland. The rifle could not be legally imported into maryland in that configuration.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Yes I believe it would be illegal to do that in Maryland. That would make it a banned rifle in maryland. The rifle could not be legally imported into maryland in that configuration.

That's what I thought. I have a couple in the non-detachable configuration and was surprised to find ten round detachable magazines for sale in local gun shops. I suppose there are some around that came in before October 2013configured for the detachable mags.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Yes. Maryland C&R holder is a FFL and can purchase a C&R eligible firearm in any state that allows it.

The only thing I would worry about in this instance would be if the SKS had a removable magazine installed. If it did I would remove it before bringing it back to Maryland.

Thank you.

I know it's an old thread, but my question was so close and I didn't know if there were any md changes.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Yes. Maryland C&R holder is a FFL and can purchase a C&R eligible firearm in any state that allows it.

The only thing I would worry about in this instance would be if the SKS had a removable magazine installed. If it did I would remove it before bringing it back to Maryland.

Any SKS that has a removable magazine or has been modified for a removable magazine is now banned in MD. An SKS in its original configuration(non-removable, 10 round magazine) are cash and carry in MD and if the MD resident has a C&R, may be purchased anywhere at anytime and brought back into the state of Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom