• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Let's be honest. In a riot situation, use of lethal force is a "Olympus has fallen" level resort. You have 10, 20 bullets at best. There are hundreds of rioters. You are severely, severely out numbered.

If you're going to shoot, you better run fast.

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    It is difficult from this photo to argue deadly force, unless the argument is the victim saw a knife in hand. (but it is not opened) I would argue with the prevalence of switch blades, seeing that coming at you, even closed would justify deadly force.

The knife is clearly open in that photo, the blade is downward.
    That said...this picture does look a bit...off...why was the "victim" there in the first place? The rest of the crowd (except for the Hispanic man in the orange jacket) doesn't seem to be concerned in the least. I fully believe that crap like this is going on, but multiple elements of this specific photo seem a bit off.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    It is difficult from this photo to argue deadly force, unless the argument is the victim saw a knife in hand. (but it is not opened) I would argue with the prevalence of switch blades, seeing that coming at you, even closed would justify deadly force.

I can't tell if the knife was photoshopped into the picture, it's certainly possible, but the knife is open, with the blade pointing down from the bottom of the guy's fist.

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    Let's be honest. In a riot situation, use of lethal force is a "Olympus has fallen" level resort. You have 10, 20 bullets at best. There are hundreds of rioters. You are severely, severely out numbered.

If you're going to shoot, you better run fast.

You're telling me no-one else conceal-carries beta mags? :rolleyes:

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Not a punching stance, IMO.

Agree -but most people don't actually know how to throw a punch.I don't know much about knife fighting (well nothing actually), but it doesn't strike me as much of a knife fighting stance either.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Is the knife a photoshop? Looks like he may have been winding up to throw a haymaker.

I blew up the photo, is that a blade coming from the bottom of his hand?

alMeowH.jpg

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    #1 No
    #2 Yes

Unless Baltimore City has it's own law regarding it there is nothing illegal that I know of for carrying in a bar.

You can't carry while "intoxicated" according to the law...the level of intoxicating is not in the law so you have to refer to case law if there is any, assume it is above .08 which is the legal DUI limit, or risk taking a charge because you have an odor on your breath.

Best just not to drink...but the state law does not prevent you from being some place where beer is sold.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Looks like the guy with knife is either going to full on slash, think hay maker, but hitting with the full blade most likely across the face or he's going to try an come up and bring the knife down into neck shoulder area. Those would be my guesses any way. Wonder how it turned out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom