• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Incorrect. It just means nothing has been handed down yet. Remember, you initiated your letter before Sine Die. That may or may not play a part.

I am being as patient as I can with my current case. I have seen some glimmers of hope. I was able to have my review removed from the hands of the sgt that denied me. That is a procedural victory for me at this time. I also got a message from the asst. division commander, whom I am told is a very upstanding and reasonable person, that he would be personally handling my review as to address ALL of my concerns. That right there is a change of pace from the last decade or so.

You wanna talk about patience!!!!

I am part of the 365 after Judge Legg's opinion. People's permits are expiring, and I have yet had a chance to go before the handgun permit review board.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I was very careful with my wording. I'm not asking for self-defense as the restriction.

I'm asking to operate within laws already on the books. "All lawful purposes" encompasses that.

I can carry a 45 ACP into a bank but not into a 7-11 unless I am actively involved in financial business transactions?

Is it just me or is that completely insane.

That's just you. :lol:

It is insane and that is why people are working on it. I did not want just a favor called in for me. I want to represent my case and discuss the facts. If I received my permit that said "while conducting business". How would that relate to me having lunch during the business day? What if I was out on personal errands and got called by a client to meet? There are a lot of holes in the current policy and it will take time to patch them all.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    You wanna talk about patience!!!!

I am part of the 365 after Judge Legg's opinion. People's permits are expiring, and I have yet had a chance to go before the handgun permit review board.

I thought all of those apps were returned?

My suggestion would be to seek legal council.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    That's just you. :lol:

It is insane and that is why people are working on it. I did not want just a favor called in for me. I want to represent my case and discuss the facts. If I received my permit that said "while conducting business". How would that relate to me having lunch during the business day? What if I was out on personal errands and got called by a client to meet? There are a lot of holes in the current policy and it will take time to patch them all.

Aren't you in real estate? Aren't real estate people always "on"? Isn't every outing a chance to meet a new client? Milk it.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    That's just you. :lol: It is insane and that is why people are working on it. I did not want just a favor called in for me. I want to represent my case and discuss the facts. If I received my permit that said "while conducting business". How would that relate to me having lunch during the business day? What if I was out on personal errands and got called by a client to meet? There are a lot of holes in the current policy and it will take time to patch them all.

I'm not looking for a favor called in just for me. I have been in vocal opposition to the arbitrariness of the permitting system for a while. I went to Annapolis and said as much to the legislatures.

I understand as a business owner I can make an argument that I'm always ready to be in a financial business transaction.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I was very careful with my wording. I'm not asking for self-defense as the restriction.

I'm asking to operate within laws already on the books. "All lawful purposes" encompasses that.

I can carry a 45 ACP into a bank but not into a 7-11 unless I am actively involved in financial business transactions?

MSP is going to say all lawful purposes is too broad and will reject it. It gets too close to a modification of G&S for them to allow it.

This is just my opinion however.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    MSP is going to say all lawful purposes is too broad and will reject it. It gets too close to a modification of G&S for them to allow it.

There are permits holders that have NO restrictions. I am just trying to make it more palatable for them by asking for "all lawful purposes"

This request is more of a barometer of sorts to see what if any has changed in the MSP Licensing division. So far it's a very close proximity to O'Malley's rule.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    There are permits holders that have NO restrictions. I am just trying to make it more palatable for them by asking for "all lawful purposes"

This request is more of an barometer of sorts to see what if any has changed in the MSP Licensing division. So far it's a very close proximity to O'Malley's rule.

There are also 4 leaf clovers and geese that lay golden eggs. They are in the absolute minority. The circumstances of permits with ZERO restrictions can likely be counted on your hands. I am not including retired police and such.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

This request is more of an barometer of sorts to see what if any has changed in the MSP Licensing division. So far it's a very close proximity to O'Malley's rule.

I'm just guessing MSP isn't going to change anything about their process until something changes with G&S.

I agree the process remains pretty much unchanged.

Apr 5, 2013
    As I said in my other post, Hogan runs from 2a faster then OMalley from a tax credit. I don't suspect there will be some secret diabolically calculated plan from him with a fairy tail ending for us. I don't think he will push the issue at all

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    As one of the 365 neither the app or the money returned, they processed as far as possible until the good judges ruling was over turned.

I love how people are saying patience, kinda like they last republican governor just wait until his second turn. Well he either needs to do and show he's not just another f&&&king politician or just be one.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

Now there is some arbitrary sh*t right there! Just plain unacceptable. :mad54: I realize that's just your speculation Swinokur, but if true that is the type of crap that Hogan, but even more importantly the Superintendent, ought to be correcting. There is no one else to blame if they don't. It's absolutely asinine for self-defense, or other lawful purposes, to be insufficient. This is total BS. Yeah, that's right, if OweMalley can use that kind of language so can I! Makes me feel as tough as he thinks he is.:rolleyes: Can I get on NPR now?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    As one of the 365 neither the app or the money returned, they processed as far as possible until the good judges ruling was over turned.

I love how people are saying patience, kinda like they last republican governor just wait until his second turn. Well he either needs to do and show he's not just another f&&&king politician or just be one.

So were you denied?

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    The first indication to anyone that a change in policy has occurred would be to learn that the personnel who currently make the decisions have been transferred. Sgt Knaub is in charge of that unit. I am confident that he makes decisions based on the methods he has been trained to use. He will never change the way he does business. If he were ordered to change the way he accepts G and S, I believe he would ask to be moved from the division. Like him or not, he believes in what he does. But he is steadfast in his beliefs. If you are receiving a letter in his name, you do not and will not meet the qualifications. The Snowden decision and Scherr decision are his guideline. I disagree with his views completely and I disagree with the fact Maryland allows an individual's personal interpretation of the law. But I respect the fact he is clear on his stance and does not waiver. Despite the fact I disagree with Sgt Knaub, I like him personally. He is a good person. What I don't respect is seeing leaders above him who say they recognize the problem and want to make changes but allow delays in making those decisions for political reasons. Have a set of balls and make a decision. It is either right or wrong. Political fallout can not be an influence.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

Just more ass-hattery. Stick with it! You are absolutely correct. We have enough good people in the pipeline now that over the next few months (despite the current crickets at MSP) we will know their intentions. They cannot hide from their conduct. I want desperately to give them credit for doing right, but have no qualms about publicizing inaction if that is how it turns out.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD

This request is more of a barometer of sorts to see what if any has changed in the MSP Licensing division. So far it's a very close proximity to O'Malley's rule.

Permit holders with no restrictions are generally lawyers, celebrities and retired LEOs.

I have personally seen two professional athlete's permits without restrictions. One didn't even own a gun yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom