• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Not impressed until he can get space invaders old school video game to show up on there.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I am left wondering if EOTech will attempt to protect their firmware like Microsoft did for XBox as well as other closed systems. IMHO, they should be happy someone is making their device more popular to the uber-hobbiest with time on their hands.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I hope they don't. look at the great hacks guys did on the Linksys routers. Better than the original and either free or inexpensive.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I am left wondering if EOTech will attempt to protect their firmware like Microsoft did for XBox as well as other closed systems. IMHO, they should be happy someone is making their device more popular to the uber-hobbiest with time on their hands.

Maybe but I doubt, this guy basically replaced the guts anyways not like he actually hacked the system. As to the accuracy of it it probably is only good for CQB and not distance since the adjusters are non functional.

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    They would be foolish not to embrace something like this it may lead to a better product at no cost. Now having said that they are a company and alot of the time companies do things that are stupid.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    you would think with that price tag, they would have different reticles, I am partial to trijicons arrow tip.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Looks like he'll have to refine the concept a bit. It has terrible parallax problems with how it's set up(like a reflex sight, not a holo-sight like an eotech). The reticle is also very hard to pick up with poor intensity and contrast. It would be cool if a smart-sight came out that allowed you to plug the thing into your laptop and design your own reticle though. Someone in the comments mentioned adding an accelerometer and enabling a shot-counter in the corner or something...that could be cool.

As it sits, it's a LONG way off from being anything useful. The concept itself is a cool one with lots of potential...I do think a working, parallax-free model with a bright enough screen might end up being pretty expensive though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom