• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    This Saturday will mark my 38th opening day of deer firearms season in MD. Started at 10 years old in West Friendship-HoCo. Have hunted the last 30 years of opening day in Greenridge State Forest, Alleghany Co with my Dad and Brother, and for the last 4 years, my son. We will be headed out there today. Also will be hunting some leased property in QA, Co during the week. It is one of, if not the biggest, thing I look forward to all year every year.

Good luck to all of you that will be out there on Saturday and be safe!

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Good luck! I'll be in the neighbors backyard with my recently made over 6.8spc. Taking my oldest son with me this year. Cant wait!

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Congrats to all y'all. GET THE BIG ONE. Bring back meat and memories. Share pics.

Gonna sit this one out. Too far from old hunting camp (NY) and still settling in to new casa... That and son is here for a few days prior to deployment in the very near future.

Y'all enjoy for me.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Good luck to you all. I ain't been able to make it out for opener of gun in 8 years now. My work black me out on taking any time off till after Christmas but I will make it out one day next week.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Yep-Good luck to all! I'll be walking out into the backyard about 4:30am to get a good seat and take a nap before the shooting starts :D

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    This Saturday will mark my 38th opening day of deer firearms season in MD. Started at 10 years old in West Friendship-HoCo. Have hunted the last 30 years of opening day in Greenridge State Forest, Alleghany Co with my Dad and Brother, and for the last 4 years, my son. We will be headed out there today. Also will be hunting some leased property in QA, Co during the week. It is one of, if not the biggest, thing I look forward to all year every year.

Good luck to all of you that will be out there on Saturday and be safe!

I started in WF- HoCo at that time as well (we may know one another). I haven't made all 38 opening days but I would say about 20 or more of them.

I am headed to Wicomico this opening day and Sunday is open for hunting down there, too. Good luck to you and everyone.

RAF

MDS Supporter
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hoping to head out to Queen Anne co. in the morning, been sick since Wed. Found out that half of our crew is sick too. Hope we all make it out.

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    You're very lucky, hope you have a great and safe time, I understand there might be some snow out that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom