• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 1, 2012
    Frostburg
    I've been looking into semi-autos and I've narrowed it down to a few. I've been able to handle all of the contenders through friends and family except the CZ 75 and I'd really like to give that a try before I decide. Any thoughts on the closest place to Allegany county to take a look at one? Thanks!

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I've been looking into semi-autos and I've narrowed it down to a few. I've been able to handle all of the contenders through friends and family except the CZ 75 and I'd really like to give that a try before I decide. Any thoughts on the closest place to Allegany county to take a look at one? Thanks!
    Moore's or Kerr brothers are going to be the only 2 in Allegany county, I'm not sure if either stock them. You could go over to Ridgely to Mulligans and see if he has any.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    try hafers in washington county as well. (little bit of a drive but the are always posting something cool they have.)

Plus you can get head at hafers :)

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick

Welcome to the forum! Just out of curiosity, what are the other contenders? I think I'm narrowed down to a 92F or CZ 75 and leaning to the CZ, but curious what others might be worth checking out...

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Damn, what's Zane charging for that!?

Hafer's is great, but I've never seen a CZ-75 there.... Might have bought it!

John

Head price for MD Shooters in $21.99 plus tax.

We don't stock the CZ-75s but we will order you one.

John - You are welcome to shoot mine next time we go to the range.

Feb 1, 2012
    Frostburg
    contenders...

Welcome to the forum! Just out of curiosity, what are the other contenders? I think I'm narrowed down to a 92F or CZ 75 and leaning to the CZ, but curious what others might be worth checking out...

Thanks for the warm welcome :)
    Other contenders are glock 19, S&W M&P and the Ruger p95...that's why I'd really like to handle an all steel gun before I decide.

Feb 1, 2012
    Frostburg
    Head price for MD Shooters in $21.99 plus tax.

We don't stock the CZ-75s but we will order you one.

John - You are welcome to shoot mine next time we go to the range.

Ahhh...I'd really like to try before I buy...or at least handle one, but thanks just the same...I'll be sure to stop in when I'm down that way some time.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I've had a thing for a CZ-75 and handled a few here in Baltimore at The Gun Shop. I have small hands and the trigger reach is an issue for me. I do have the option of a trigger job to solve the problem and the SA only gun has a shorter reach. Good luck in your search.

Feb 1, 2012
    Frostburg
    I've had a thing for a CZ-75 and handled a few here in Baltimore at The Gun Shop. I have small hands and the trigger reach is an issue for me. I do have the option of a trigger job to solve the problem and the SA only gun has a shorter reach. Good luck in your search.

Bb - any chance that you hung out at mtbr.com from time to time? I seem to remember your handle frome somewhere. I may even have seen you at a race or two at Greenridge? Anyway...good luck to you as well.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Bb - any chance that you hung out at mtbr.com from time to time? I seem to remember your handle frome somewhere. I may even have seen you at a race or two at Greenridge? Anyway...good luck to you as well.

Oh yea, that's me. Before I became addicted to firearms I was addicted to mountain biking. I'm still riding, but it's mostly road these days. I need to get out in the woods...

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    If you are up for the drive to hagerstown, 3R gun shop has one in stock (I was there last night). He has a bunch of other pistols (glock, sig, kahr, and rugers). I looked at a dozen or so pistols. Hafer's is worth a look too. You can probably make arrangements with Zane to see how his feels in your hand. ;) Good luck finding your new addition.

obiii

Jun 2, 2010
    Allegany County, MD
    Hendershots is moving to Hagerstown. Try Dugans Sporting goods under the Town Tavern. (Never did get a lot of support from Hendershots, on any issue that I brought up.)
    Also, I think I talked to someone in Muligans in Ridgeley, about acquiring C&R guns, being a Maryland Resident, and the response was, we don't sell pistols to someone out of state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom