• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Unknown User

Oct 19, 2014
    Maryland
    This is sad. We're not safe in our own homes and seems like home invasions are becoming more and more common.

what does the law say about self defense in md if someone came into my house and attempted to do harm to my family and me? Are there certain things that I MUST do before I can legally use deadly force? I read all over the Internet that I can not used force but can someone give me a legitimate answr? I'm starting to think having a firearm in my possession every move I make, inside and outside of my house is the only option..

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    only ppl that can give answers are attorneys. ;)

take nra protection inside the home or similar class to give you basics. as far as laws.. attorney.

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    This is sad. We're not safe in our own homes and seems like home invasions are becoming more and more common.

what does the law say about self defense in md if someone came into my house and attempted to do harm to my family and me? Are there certain things that I MUST do before I can legally use deadly force? I read all over the Internet that I can not used force but can someone give me a legitimate answr? I'm starting to think having a firearm in my possession every move I make, inside and outside of my house is the only option..

I think the very name of the crime, home invasion, says it all.

Feb 28, 2013
    Well, MD does have the Castle Doctrine for inside your house.

Just make sure they're facing toward you when you act.

bullett67

Aug 17, 2013
    eastern shore md
    The wife and I almost had one last week, with the dog the alarm and then me they never made it in. Cops never found them either so maybe they'll try again, we shall see.

JayB0311

Nov 10, 2014
    Bowie
    The wife and I almost had one last week, with the dog the alarm and then me they never made it in. Cops never found them either so maybe they'll try again, we shall see.

My wife and I almost had one too....our dogs also scared them off.

Side note: Wasn't there a guy in Glen Burnie who shot a robber in his home last year or the year before? I think he got into some pretty deep doo doo.

http://misguidedchildren.com/justic...shoots-home-intruder-charged-with-murder/6028

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis

Sad that we have to worry about the legal ramifications of protecting ourselves. If I feel myself or family is in danger I think I would act without thinking about the legalities. Hope it never comes to that.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I don't give a shit about legal ramifications. Someone comes in my house forcefully I will shoot them till their a-holes fall off.

Then my attorney can speak to the police.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom