• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I mean, "Police part" is done in ~3 weeks?? Must take 2.5 to 5 months to laminate the card?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Are you MSP?

I'm nobody.

I know quite a few guys from ALL local agencies. I've had several interesting conversations on the topic since the Woolard decision. I get a chance to speak to State and local LEO's on both professional and personal occasions on a weekly basis.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I'm nobody.

I know quite a few guys from ALL local agencies. I've had several interesting conversations on the topic since the Woolard decision. I get a chance to speak to State and local LEO's on both professional and personal occasions on a weekly basis.

I did too down in Silver Spring where I work...

"Wollard what?"
    "Judge Legg who?"

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I get a lot of: " Why the 'ef would you want to carry a gun".

Its very common for (younger) officers to all but NEVER carry off duty, and it's at their discretion at most agencies.

MDPrinter

Jan 4, 2012
    mailed mine on the 8th. Delivered on the 9th. They have cashed my check and sent me the letter saying that my background was clear on the 15th.

That was the last thing I have heard. Is everyone getting a call for the interview?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    mailed mine on the 8th. Delivered on the 9th. They have cashed my check and sent me the letter saying that my background was clear on the 15th.

That was the last thing I have heard. Is everyone getting a call for the interview?

No, MOST people are not getting called yet, some are.

MDPrinter

Jan 4, 2012
    thanks

I figured that was the case and that I probably wouldn't hear anything until after a final decision is made with the courts.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    They cashed my check on 3/20, still waiting on my interview. I'm not overly worried about it, but I'd rather get the interview portion done sooner than later.

JCENTSR6

Mar 15, 2012
    My update:

03/16/2012:Live Scan completed

03/19/2012:App Mailed @ 3:35pm with delivery conf (no sig required)

03/20/2012:
    APP Delivered at 8:25am

03/21/2012: Background Letter arrived at my house (clear)

03/26/2012:Payment processed (money order)

No interview as of yet... Fingers crossed.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Delegate Michael Smigiel replied to my E-mail informing him I had applied. Just like others it says to save your documentation and copy him on any correspondence with the MSP

I noticed that several people have received responses from him; add me to the list of people that sent him my information and did not get any kind of response. Granted I don't live in his district, but others were saying to send to him anyway so I did.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I noticed that several people have received responses from him; add me to the list of people that sent him my information and did not get any kind of response. Granted I don't live in his district, but others were saying to send to him anyway so I did.

For me personally and a few others, he responded in about a week's time with a form letter. (Form letter is OK by me considering the number of applicants that maybe sending him info, in addition to his other duties.)

Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    3-27 trooper called to set up a face to face interview. Also my references were called.

quartermiles10

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 17, 2012
    App was received on 03/15/12 had my in person interview this morning. I posted about that in the interview thread.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=78495&page=43

My application has been sitting at MSP since 3/09/12. Just sent M.A. Jones @ MSP an E-mail asking why some have been called before me whose apps have been in for less than 2 weeks while mine sits with the money fee already cashed. Im waiting the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom