• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    whenever I get and upper. I got the 30rnd mags, ammo and complete lower.

DSCN2012.JPG

just adding to this tread b/c a complete AR is hard to come by now.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Any suggestions for me? (kinda crappy pic)
    Picture003.jpg

6.8 SPC from Rock River. 16"
    YHM 10' rails
    Eotech 516
    CAA pistol grip (not pictured)
    I got a Magpul CTR stock and a Primary Weapons Systems FSC30 Muzzle Break comming in the mail.

I got a few 25 and 30rd mags en-route also. I'm happy with the 16" barrel but I was wondering about a bipod or a grip. Its not a real SHTF gun yet because of ammo. Any other stuff I should dress it up with?

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Any suggestions for me? (kinda crappy pic)
    Picture003.jpg

6.8 SPC from Rock River. 16"
    YHM 10' rails
    Eotech 516
    CAA pistol grip (not pictured)
    I got a Magpul CTR stock and a Primary Weapons Systems FSC30 Muzzle Break comming in the mail.

I got a few 25 and 30rd mags en-route also. I'm happy with the 16" barrel but I was wondering about a bipod or a grip. Its not a real SHTF gun yet because of ammo. Any other stuff I should dress it up with?

WOW!!! Thats sweet!!! I'd put a foregrip on it but flip a coin on the bipod. Personally I like both

I like your BUIS....what are they?? Make sure you update pics when the stock and muzzle break are on.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Troy industries on the back. The one with the hole. And a midwest in the front. Was gonna match them up but the front one was 40 bucks less for the same.

This is the front sight:
    http://www.bowerstactical.com/store/images/MWMCTARFFR.jpg

Rear
    Here's the rear
    http://www.troyind.com/rear.html

Thanks....my next upper I'm waiting on is M4 with Picatinny Gas Block like yours so I'll have to get front/back BUIS.

my 1st build is #131 on this thread, I have a different bipod on it now. Thanks again

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    I like that bipod you have and the front grip. I have a low profile gas block and got the 10" rail to cover it. i have a 5.56 on order but that one will need some cash. Was planning on mounting the EOtech on it and keeping a scope on the 6.8.

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    Any other stuff I should dress it up with?

I wouldnt put on anything you dont need.Bare minimum includes: Tactical weaponlight, VFG, optics with BUIS and lots of ammo...

anything else you put on for "flare" weighs your rifle down and makes it more difficult to use it for certain tasks ie clearing rooms and or houses (holding rifle at ready for extended periods of time)

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    I wouldnt put on anything you dont need.Bare minimum includes: Tactical weaponlight, VFG, optics with BUIS and lots of ammo...

anything else you put on for "flare" weighs your rifle down and makes it more difficult to use it for certain tasks ie clearing rooms and or houses (holding rifle at ready for extended periods of time)

I am still at a cross between a light and maybe a laser. For some reason I think they're a little too much for what I want this rifle for. Eventually, I would want it for a SHTF scenario I can hunt and shoot zombies with it. I live in a condo in Germantown so if anything I wouldnt need to pull it out unless we have a Katrina happen.

What would be the perks of mounting a light on it aside from the free hand when i need some light?

Ammo is a plus. I have been trying to get my mitts on ammo anywhere I go. If I got to a shop I try to pick up three or 4 boxes for it. Same with my FiveSeven (can kill me a wabbit with that)

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Rock River Arms 16" Coyote Model
    Heavy barrel, .223/5.56 Wylde chamber, hogue grips, ace stock, hogue free float tube with a rail monted to it and a folding grip, illuminated rangefinder scope, match trigger, badger tac latch.

firearms003.jpg

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD

What would be the perks of mounting a light on it aside from the free hand when i need some light?

It is a helluva lot easier (and quicker) with the light on the rifle to go from target identification to target engagement because you have full control over your rifle. In order to use a hand held flashlight in one hand and your rifle in the other you better lift weights cause it gets darn heavy.

Kchen986

aka "SWAT" =P
    Oct 12, 2008
    b180721685.jpg

b180721660.jpg

b180721607.jpg

RRA CAR-15A4 (I think...) with Free Floated Heavy Barrel and Quad Rail
    Trijicon ACOG TA01ECOS (Piggybacked Docter optic)
    Young Manuf. NM Chrome Bolt Carrier Group (shoots *very* smooth)
    Magpul MIAD (Spare Bolt, firing pin, cotter pin and battery in there)
    Magpul Rail Covers (I think I need some Forest Green to camo it better)
    CAA VFG
    CAA Saddle
    Surefire LED G2

Last edited:

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    GUNS026.jpg

my first build and christmas present from the fiance:party29:
    dpms lower & lpk, tapco stock & saw grip, and psychopathic records engraving

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    allllmost done

ar n p99.jpg
    got the loaner upper on it from alucard and no bolt assembly or charging handle but it's gettin there...a big thank you to dan from gunconnection for a quick response on the forum that he still has some lower kits...then starting to put the kit in at 5:50 when the store closes at 6. i was that annoying last minute customer but he didnt make me feel like it. he took his time, cleaned out some galling, taped everything up to protect my lower and even educated me about some finer points of assembly and upkeep that i didnt know. he's earned a customer for life and i will recommend him and gunconnection to any and everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom