• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    Well I have not ordered yet and i thought dpms had a pretty good rep.
    The reviews are good and midways says they are C158.
    Have you heard something I should know about dpms bolts?
    Yea and for the price I didn't expect mpi.

NOBE shooter

Aug 12, 2013
    North Beach, MD
    I just got ready to complete my build and my BCG won't drop all the way in. It got stuck about two inches out. I took out the bolt and same thing. SO, I'm thinking gas problem. I take off the tube and BCG gas key fits in the tube, and the BCG will go all the way in with the tube out.

So, I'm thinking the guy I bough tthe gas tube from sent a mid-length instead of a Carbine. I read on line that carbine is 7.5" My tube is little over 9". Great, I figured out the problem. So I contact the seller, who says no, 9.75" is carbine. I do some more reading and see that some places carbine is called 9.75" some 7.5". So I figure just by carbine from the maker of the barrel, but then I see the specs on carbine tube is 9.75".

SO I'm kind of at a loss. Somehow carbine is both 7.5 and 9.75 in length. Mine phisically takes somewhere around 7.5, but half the places just say "carbine" which im not sure what length that is now.

Any idea what is going on here? Any help?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Pistol - 4.5"
    Carbine - 7.5"
    Mid-length - 9.5"
    Rifle - roughly 13"

Seller is mistaken most likely.

Maker of the barrel??

ETA - I have a spare carbine length tube if you need it.

Last edited:

NOBE shooter

Aug 12, 2013
    North Beach, MD
    Pistol - 4.5"
    Carbine - 7.5"
    Mid-length - 9.5"
    Rifle - roughly 13"

Seller is mistaken most likely.

Maker of the barrel??

ETA - I have a spare carbine length tube if you need it.

Appreciate that. I might take you up on that, but let me argue with the sellers first.

I contacted Mas Defense whom I got the barrel from. They told me it took a 9.5 carbine, and that they had never heard of 7.5 tube. Same thing the seller of the tube I bought said. which is interesting because they are different companies. But I physically can see the 9.5 is too long.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I just got ready to complete my build and my BCG won't drop all the way in. It got stuck about two inches out. I took out the bolt and same thing. SO, I'm thinking gas problem. I take off the tube and BCG gas key fits in the tube, and the BCG will go all the way in with the tube out.

So, I'm thinking the guy I bough tthe gas tube from sent a mid-length instead of a Carbine. I read on line that carbine is 7.5" My tube is little over 9". Great, I figured out the problem. So I contact the seller, who says no, 9.75" is carbine. I do some more reading and see that some places carbine is called 9.75" some 7.5". So I figure just by carbine from the maker of the barrel, but then I see the specs on carbine tube is 9.75".

SO I'm kind of at a loss. Somehow carbine is both 7.5 and 9.75 in length. Mine phisically takes somewhere around 7.5, but half the places just say "carbine" which im not sure what length that is now.

Any idea what is going on here? Any help?

Is that the difference between the M4 barrel being 14.5 and a standard carbine 16"? That might account for the discrepancy.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Adcore

Any opinions on completed Adcor lowers and uppers?

Well, if the fact that the ADCORE CARBINE is still in the competition to replace the M4 for the Army, that may mean.....something. :D

Very nice rifle...er...carbine....:) The only drawback that I could find with one, while handling it up at Bollinger's, is that you cannot change the fore end-hand guard on it, as that is not interchangeable.

Adam Conover

Aug 6, 2013
    Carbine handguard is 7" midlength is 9" and rifle is 11" hence the MIDlength. 9" is right about in the middle between the Carbine (7") and rifle (11"). The actual length of the tube is a few inches longer due to the tube extending in front of the handguards into the fsb and back into the upper receiver so a carbine length tube should be around 9" altho many places list carbine handguards as 7". This is were the confusion can come in. If the tube you have is to long but is the correct lenght I would look at the gas key or the fit in the gas block possibly

Last edited:

Adam Conover

Aug 6, 2013
    The ADCORE is no longer in competition to replace the m4 nor are any other rifles as the individual carbine competition was cancelled in June 2013 before final testing could be completed due to the army stating that none of the entries demonstrated a significant improvement in any aspect of the standard DI m4 to justify the cost of replacement

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    ARMY!!

The ADCORE is no longer in competition to replace the m4 nor are any other rifles as the individual carbine competition was cancelled in June 2013 before final testing could be completed due to the army stating that none of the entries demonstrated a significant improvement in any aspect of the standard DI m4 to justify the cost of replacement

Ok, well....it was STILL in the competition b4 the Army cancelled it, for like, the THIRD or FOURTH time!! Hahahahaha I wonder who makes these decisions every other year.

Yes, competition, replace....NO.....not this year, YES, NO....makes your head spin as to how much money gets wasted this way. Very easy to actually just replace the upper like the improvement program with a better barrel and fcg.

Jeeeesshh.....youd think it was MOON MISSION tight!@!:D

Adam Conover

Aug 6, 2013
    Russia is in a similar situation with the introduction in past years of more recent variations of the Kalashnikov design (aek-971,ak-107,ak-12 and others). The competitions for replacement seem to be driven more by r&d of the individual manufactures to try to create and design ever more modern rifles then they are the realistic replacement of military rifles. Just as the scar,acr,various piston driven ars and other rifles may offer minor enhancements in modularity and enhanced operation in specific circumstances when compared to our own DI m4's these Russian designs offer more options over the ak-74m however the improvements are for the most part minor and of no consequence. So it really is not practical for the military to spend the money to replace wen it would make almost no difference. The truth is that modern forearm design has gone about as far as it can at this point with the metallic cartridge there really is only so much you can do with that ammunition source so until new designs come forth In that arena you will see nothing overly exciting to come in the near future

windyhill

Mar 24, 2011

My nephew just asssembled a stripped Adcor lower, and I believe White Marsh Arms built the upper for him. I was very impressed with the lower. Integral trigger guard was very cool looking. Upper to lower fit had zero movement, yet pins slid in/out easily. The upper looked like it had a straight .750 mid-gas "hbar" barrel hidden under the Troy handguard. He said it was a 1/8 twist and chromelined. I haven't seen that offering before. Hope to wring it out next weekend.

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD

I bought an ADcor stripped lower and upper last year for a .300 blackout build.
    Quality is very good - but in hindsight forged uppers and lowers work fine too and are much cheaper. My most recent purchases for both have been forged.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    The market for AR uppers seems to have stabilized and prices appear to be falling. Are some builds better than others? I'm sure they aren't all equal...comments?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The market for AR uppers seems to have stabilized and prices appear to be falling. Are some builds better than others? I'm sure they aren't all equal...comments?

Just like cars, some are better than others. I like building my own. That way I know what's in them and I don't end up spending even more money improving on them.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I already have a Colt Match HBAR that I used to shoot competitively. I'm hoping to get back into match shooting at some point in the future. This second build will mainly be for plinking... perhaps home defense... I was looking at PSA uppers. One of the forum members had a BCM upper, used. The lower I have is a YHM with a DPMS LPK and a Magpul adjustable stock. It will definitely be a franken-rifle. ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom