• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eARl

Mar 25, 2014
    Hey everyone, I have been a long time reader of the board and don't post alot. I have become more interested in the 7.62x39 caliber and would like a rifle to add to my collection. I am not sure what semi - auto rifles are md legal. I have read about the sks, mini 30 and possibly the vz2008. Are their any others that anyone could recommend.

CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    There are still a few left.

Sig 556r.....not sure if still in production
    Vz2008
    Vz58
    AK pistols
    AR platforms in 7.62.

Just to list a few. There are still choices. Just no AK 47.

PMD354

I have a red dot mounted to my AK47. One suggestion is to use a 10 round mag because in Maryland you are only allowed to have 8 rounds loaded when hunting deer. I use Herter's 154 gr lead SP. One day I would like to get a CZ chambered in 7.62x39.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    brace is kind of in murky water, but for right now the way it is being interpereted is this: you can buy a brace AFTER YOU ALREADY HAVE A PISTOL, but can not have PLANNED to build a pistol including it so as to skirt the SBR law. As long as your AIM was not to build a SBR without paying the tax, you are okay to OCCASIONALLY shoulder the brace. Like i said, it's murky.

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    brace is kind of in murky water, but for right now the way it is being interpereted is this: you can buy a brace AFTER YOU ALREADY HAVE A PISTOL, but can not have PLANNED to build a pistol including it so as to skirt the SBR law. As long as your AIM was not to build a SBR without paying the tax, you are okay to OCCASIONALLY shoulder the brace. Like i said, it's murky.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ter-claiming-misusing-pistol-brace-makes-sbr/

Atf released an open letter. Intent doesn't matter. You shoulder it, you made an illegal sbr

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    I'm aware of the letter

Read it closely and it says specifically that the intent is what matters

Like I said it's murky

"The pistol stabilizing brace was neither “designed” nor approved to be used as a shoulder stock, and therefore use as a shoulder stock constitutes a “redesign” of the device because a possessor has changed the very function of the item. Any individual letters stating otherwise are contrary to the plain language of the NFA, misapply Federal law, and are hereby revoked."

Seems pretty clear cut

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    "The pistol stabilizing brace was neither “designed” nor approved to be used as a shoulder stock, and therefore use as a shoulder stock constitutes a “redesign” of the device because a possessor has changed the very function of the item. Any individual letters stating otherwise are contrary to the plain language of the NFA, misapply Federal law, and are hereby revoked."

Seems pretty clear cut

anigif_enhanced-21527-1391011996-1.gif

There's a million page thread on this subject. OP did not ask for arguments about asinine atf letters.

As was said, the vz2008 is a great option. There's also the windham SRC ar15 as an ar style rifle that shoots the ak round.

Feb 28, 2013
    That are still legal here in the Repubic?

SKS, or VZ2008. The VZ's won't be available much longer though. Get one while you can.

eARl

Mar 25, 2014
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. This may be a dumb question, but if I want an ak pistol I am assuming it would have to be shipped with a fired shell casing. Does anyone know of any online retailers of ak pistols that could accommodate the needs of a Maryland resident?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom