• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    See posts 32 and 35 here:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=94791&page=2

Biggest problem is going down that path now will lead to nothing but heartbreak my friend. There’s not much AK related you can buy in MD anymore. The vz. comes to mind as still being legal but it’s not an AK. Still, it's always good to get informed.

Down the line, after clarification/litigation/negotiation/etc it may turn out you can buy a SBR AK but for now the answer is a very murky no per MSP.

Thank you.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Just had another form 1 approval. Submitted 9/5, approved 12/9, same examiner.

These turn-times might not hold up as more adopt the system but I don't know that I can call this a test anymore.

I have three left (9/22 and two on 9/27) so I should know more shortly.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    That's awesome. I guess I should really start planning this SBR build. I've just been trying to forget about it.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Why not give it a shot? Once you get that form submitted you can just forget about it.

Even once it’s approved, no rush, you can take your time buying parts. $200 and a receiver get you in the door.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Why not give it a shot? Once you get that form submitted you can just forget about it.

Even once it’s approved, no rush, you can take your time buying parts. $200 and a receiver get you in the door.

Lol. It was submitted 9/29. I've been trying to forget about it so the wait doesn't kill me. If this trend keeps up I'll have the stamp before I even know what I want to do.

I'm really looking forward to the sparrow that was submitted eform last month.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I'm really sad. Right before this started going around I sent in a bunch of sbr paperwork via snail mail. :(

That's a tough break. Some people are pulling their mailed apps and resubmitting as eForm.

I'd personally do that if I had an app that wasn't SB281-applicable but I'd never make that suggestion to someone else. Probably Murphy's Law waiting to happen.

Lol. It was submitted 9/29. I've been trying to forget about it so the wait doesn't kill me. If this trend keeps up I'll have the stamp before I even know what I want to do.

I'm really looking forward to the sparrow that was submitted eform last month.

Who said that, me? :D

Right my fault, you mentioned that earlier in the thread. Hey at least your can is cooking. You’ll have yours before I can even pay for one.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    That's a tough break. Some people are pulling their mailed apps and resubmitting as eForm.

I'd personally do that if I had an app that wasn't SB281-applicable but I'd never make that suggestion to someone else. Probably Murphy's Law waiting to happen.

Right my fault, you mentioned that earlier in the thread. Hey at least your can is cooking. You’ll have yours before I can even pay for one.

Yeah. Just about everything I put in could be SB281 affected.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013

LOL I'm still dragging my feet on the hql. I new to get one though. I have my eyes on the m&p 22 pistol.

tcc722

Jul 3, 2010
    PA
    Wow, 3 months! I have a form 1 that I mailed in, but if it's only taking 3 months for an eform, I'm doing another one. Or two...

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Had another approval today. Submitted 9/22, accepted 9/23, approved 12/30.

For those with pending apps, if you account for the holidays they're still running at right about 3 months.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Had another approval today. Submitted 9/22, accepted 9/23, approved 12/30.

For those with pending apps, if you account for the holidays they're still running at right about 3 months.

I submitted mine 9/27 accepted 9/30 (after hours then the weekend) Hopefully I'll find out soon and wont have to resubmit due to any errors.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    For those who submitted late Sept, you should hear something soon.

Received my final two. Submitted 9/27, approved 1/7.

Updated the original post to show all 5 approval turn times.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I need to finalize my trust and get on this e-form bandwagon!

I submitted a form 1 in October and a form 4 in December via snail mail.:sad20: Now that I'll be using a trust I'll probably do another form 1 and maybe 1 or 2 more form 4's.:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom