• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    So I need to do a CELO drop off and my dealer said some things have changed and I am looking for confirmation. My last one was in March and I went to FYI fingerprinting, then to Pikesville, no problem. My dealer said now they are only accepting fingerprints/livescan done at pikesville. This doesnt sound correct so has anyone heard this?

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Just go to MSP at Pikesville with your Forms to be signed and your LiveScan receipt. New hours for C3 drop off are between 10 - 2, I think. I dropped off my last set of Form 4's 3-1/2 weeks ago. FYI did my LiveScan.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    Sweet, thanks. I didnt know about the hours change. So much misinformation out there.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Sweet, thanks. I didnt know about the hours change. So much misinformation out there.

Any time. Sign off should be quick. My last 2 took about 3 weeks.

Enjoy your M10/9. I've got one of Sam's Uzi mag conversions also. And it's a lot more fun to shoot with the LAGE or AMP10 upper.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    Any time. Sign off should be quick. My last 2 took about 3 weeks.

Enjoy your M10/9. I've got one of Sam's Uzi mag conversions also. And it's a lot more fun to shoot with the LAGE or AMP10 upper.

Thanks. Sam said he is waiting on ATF approval for his new .22 kit so I will have to wait for that. You think a Lage is worth it? After spending all this money I think I will have to wait and see if I want one. Although I will have a year to decide :tdown:

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    You think a Lage is worth it? After spending all this money I think I will have to wait and see if I want one.

Absolutely +1 on a LAGE upper. It makes for a much more controllable gun with the lower rate of fire and improved ergonomics. The AMP10 upper is also fun with 71 round Suomi drums.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    Absolutely +1 on a LAGE upper. It makes for a much more controllable gun with the lower rate of fire and improved ergonomics. The AMP10 upper is also fun with 71 round Suomi drums.

I had heard of Lage before but not Alliance Armament before I bought my MAC. The issue is AA's site is down so I cant check out anything.

C210INF

May 25, 2013
    Maryland
    Hi everyone. I submitted my forms (2 sets) for CLEO signature about a month ago. Just called today to check on the status and was told that it won't be another month or two before they are reviewed. Does that sound right?

Also, I did my LiveScan at a local shop. You can get your LiveScan done anywhere that's accepted as long as you have your receipt. MSP mailed me a letter two days later saying they didn't find any criminal records.

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    I just dropped off my forms in Pikesville today. Their hours are Mon-Fri from 10-2. No forms to fill out there, they just call someone down and pick up the paperwork. Hold off signing the back of the Form 4 till you get there. They told me I should see it back in 4-5 weeks.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I just dropped off my forms in Pikesville today. Their hours are Mon-Fri from 10-2. No forms to fill out there, they just call someone down and pick up the paperwork. Hold off signing the back of the Form 4 till you get there. They told me I should see it back in 4-5 weeks.

Keep your fingers crossed on 4-5 weeks. Just got a set back from MSP 3 days ago. It took 11 weeks.

Macsti

Jul 8, 2011
    Ceciltucky
    So, I was at a local IP and they said the only CLEO that the ATF will accept is the MSP. Is that true? The Cecil County Sheriff said he will sign off on the Form 4 paperwork but now hearing that it might be invalid, should I even try?

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    So, I was at a local IP and they said the only CLEO that the ATF will accept is the MSP. Is that true? The Cecil County Sheriff said he will sign off on the Form 4 paperwork but now hearing that it might be invalid, should I even try?

My understanding is that that is incorrect. There are a few counties in MD who's Sherrif will not sign off and will send you to MSP. But, if youre county Sherrif will sign off, use them. Many people here have, and have had no issues. ATF doesnt care as long as the Sherrif who signed off is the CLEO for the county you live in. Obviously given MSP's reach of authority over the entire state, they can sign off for any MD resident, regardless of the county they live.

Macsti

Jul 8, 2011
    Ceciltucky
    My understanding is that that is incorrect. There are a few counties in MD who's Sherrif will not sign off and will send you to MSP. But, if youre county Sherrif will sign off, use them. Many people here have, and have had no issues. ATF doesnt care as long as the Sherrif who signed off is the CLEO for the county you live in. Obviously given MSP's reach of authority over the entire state, they can sign off for any MD resident, regardless of the county they live.

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you give me a quick idea what the difference between the Trust and having the CLEO sign off on the paperwork?

carpentermatt

Feb 9, 2009
    I'm sending in my Form 4 for my first suppressor on Monday. I dropped my paperwork off at the Sheriff's department and picked it up the next day. Now for the wait for the ATF which I have a feeling is going to be a little longer than 24 hrs.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I'm sending in my Form 4 for my first suppressor on Monday. I dropped my paperwork off at the Sheriff's department and picked it up the next day. Now for the wait for the ATF which I have a feeling is going to be a little longer than 24 hrs.

Figure on about 5040 hours. (do the math).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom