• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robbiek1999

Jun 21, 2012
    Holy Crap. Maybe you guys already new about these trimmers. I was tired of trimming a bunch of 5.56 cases back to 1.75" using an RCBS manual rotary trimmer. And then I found this on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NKJXFQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Below is my review of their product and I am no way associated with their company...

I have been processing a couple thousand .223/5.56 cases that were too long with a manual RCBS rotary trimmer. Works well but gives my fingers blisters after a hundred or so. This does the same job in 1/10th or less the time and I can process many times more with no tearing up my fingers/hands. I don't review often and give out 5 stars even less, but this was the best $ I have spent in a long time. If you have multiple (usually 5.56) cases that need to be trimmed back to 1.75", but this and you won't go wrong! Just need more batteries in my rechargeable drill now...

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Don't know how long they have been out there but I got a 223 and 30-06 last year.
    Works really well.
    They have a universal one with the attachments for each caliber but don't know what the pros cons are on those.

They size from the neck so your sizing has to be repeatable too.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    How does that stack to the Possum Hollow trimmer which are impossible to find?

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    I have seen these around but have always had a question about how they work.
    This style of trimmer appear to work off the shoulder of the round, while the others with which I am familiar measure of the base of the case.
    It would seem that there has to at least some assurance that the case which is being trimmed has a shoulder datum line in the right place.
    Can we assume that or should the case be full length sized prior to trimming?
    DocAitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom