• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    I'm going to be ordering a second barrel here in a little bit. I was wondering what hoops I'm going to have to jump through to get my class 3. Which comes first, shipping the barrel to be cut or gaining approval? Thank you for any and all help.

-- Brent Fox

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    It is an ATF Form 1 tax stamp that you will need.

You can order all your parts, but until you get your tax stamp, don't keep them together in your house, even un- assembled, as that constitutes constructive possession of a NFA firearm. Have a friend keep the barrel or leave it with your dealer or in a safe deposit box.

PS- Why buy a barrel and cut it? Why not just order the length you want?

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I also read some time ago that there was a magic phrase to say for your reason to want this Class 3 weapon. Is it "All lawful intent and purpose"?

There is no magic phrase, just say your actual reason for wanting it. Also it is not a "class 3" weapon. Class 3 is a type of FFL, SOT, not a weapon or a permit. A SBR falls under the National Firearms Act (NFA) otherwise known as Title II, so it would be appropriate to call it an NFA or a Title II weapon.
    -Jim

Last edited:

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Brentona, when you pick up your JRC, I can walk you through the process of filling out your Form 1. When the stamp comes back, we can cut your barrel down and rethread it. We have done a number of these, most of them we have cut back so, when a suppressor is attached, it seats just inside the handguard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom