• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gray Peterson

Aug 18, 2009
    Lynnwood, WA
    The point most folks are missing is not the contistutional "right"; that is established. It is the Maryland state governing body that does not recogonize that right even as defined in the Bill of Rights it so ratified.
    Folks thinking that Maryland will bow to indications that it is obstructing rights afforded its citenzenry by the constitution is unfounded. Do you have that much faith in Marylandisstan?

When esqappellate and I are speaking, we are not gushing for faith in Maryland government.

Judge Legg's paycheck cannot be reduced by a state government trying to squeeze him, since he's a federal judge.

The Judicial Security Act adds additional muscle against any attempts to squeeze him or his family members in retaliation for strongly enforcing his decrees. Only Congress via impeachment can remove him. He's a veritable hero in the current Congress now...

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    One thing concerns me, that is, if MD denies the permit applications, then it is hurtful when one applies for a CCW in another state, because these states sometimes ask if one has ever been turned down by another state and the reason why. It doesn't help.

The question never came up in the FL, UT, VA or OH applications I applied for.

but NH, NJ, CT, RI and MD do ask...so it does exist. But I think once you say "MD" as the reason they will understand. :D

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Judge Legg is retiring in June.

As they say in Baltimore: sheeeeeeeet. I wanted him to stay around for at least another 20 years.

BTW, I got fingerprinted at some place off security blvd -- said he's gotten about 10 other guys doing the same thing as me this past week. Not bad for a small joint. Got my app in the mail, post office said it should be there tmrw.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The injunction was denied; but the Judge affirmed that G&S is unconstitutional.

Sorry guys, I stopped at the 200 level law classes.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    That's an order proposed by Gansler's team. It it not an actual order. Note that the space for Legg's signature is empty, whereas in other documents it has "/s/" to indicate that he has signed them.

It's a pretty shittly written order. They aren't getting an injunction, but it was my understanding in Law 101; a law ruled unconstitutional is unenforceable from the moment it's ruled unconstitutional.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    As they say in Baltimore: sheeeeeeeet. I wanted him to stay around for at least another 20 years.

BTW, I got fingerprinted at some place off security blvd -- said he's gotten about 10 other guys doing the same thing as me this past week. Not bad for a small joint. Got my app in the mail, post office said it should be there tmrw.

Do they do photos and notary there?

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Does anyone know whtether the Wollard gentleman received his permit?
    That would be relevant.

If I understand it, that's the issue that the most recent filings by the parties in the case are attempting to figure out. A 59(e) or some such. MD AG is asking for clarification on what exactly the judge ordered first time around.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    About 6 of us went out for dinner last night, mom, stepdad, aunt, uncle, cousin. They're all going to apply once everything is sorted out. Crazy...to think there would have been half a dozen of us sitting there with guns enjoying dinner. Absolutely nuts.

What has the precedent been regarding stays and applications put in between the ruling and the stay? (Use whatever analogy works, I'm not well versed in law)

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    http://www.archive.org/download/gov.uscourts.mdd.180772/gov.uscourts.mdd.180772.57.1.pdf

Gansler is a piece of work! Trying to get Judge Legg to more-or-less reverse his decision on a 2 page bogus order?

The word "weak" is way too strong a descriptor. :facepalm:

I want to hear Krucam, Patrick, Esqappellate's thoughts on this.
    I nearly spit coffee laughing when I read it. :lol2:

pathetically weak?

epically weak?

Q: Does this further point to the level of desperation they have seemingly reached?

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Allan Ellis Outdoors
    WCBM 680AM radio
    5:00am -> 7:00am

Featured guest: Paul Dumbrouski _ MSI

Great show! :thumbsup:
    Thank's Paul :thumbsup: :)

How many listened in?

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Just got my prints/photos at MD Livescan in Glen Burnie. App goes in the mail Monday.

B^)

I'm guessing you and I were there at the same time. Good operation that they had going. They processed 4 of us all at the same time and I was in-out in less than 20 minutes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom