• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Ill be headed down 81 then across to 95 heading to florida over the next day and a half. Any good shops to go to on the way? Ill be near Orlando while im down there, anything close?

Thanks
    Steve

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Not a shop, but once you get anywhere south of Virginia on I-95 check out Zaxby's for a really great chicken club sandwich. Yum. One word: bacon. And if you want BBQ in FL or GA, Sonny's is a great brand. 4Rivers in Orlando and Winter Park is also outstanding.

I just got back from FL helping out my father who was recently hospitalized. I came back happier, if somewhat heavier, than when I left. :D

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Not a shop, but once you get anywhere south of Virginia on I-95 check out Zaxby's for a really great chicken club sandwich. Yum. One word: bacon. And if you want BBQ in FL or GA, Sonny's is a great brand. 4Rivers in Orlando and Winter Park is also outstanding.

I just got back from FL helping out my father who was recently hospitalized. I came back happier, if somewhat heavier, than when I left. :D

Also, MOJO bbq is a spectacular pit. Everything they serve, from butt to beer, is from north florida.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Just north of Orlando is AAA pawn in DeLand. Tons of guns and more old firearms than I ever seen in one place. A little pricey but worth the trip.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Don't take 64 over to 95 in Richmond, if that's what you mean by "across". You'll get delayed by multiple work areas, on top of extra distance making the drive longer. Stay on 81 all the way to 77. The route to FL (starting on 81) is 81->77->26->95. You pick up 95 near Charleston, SC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom