• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    This Saturday, March 28th.

Our back pits are still a disaster of semi epic proportions due to the awesome weather patterns for the last 3 months, so we will be constrained to the front pits, so here is what I have in mind.

This month is not a true multigun, you may use pistol, carbine, shotgun or rifle in various places, but not at the same time. You can also run a stage multiple times, with different guns, time permitting.

Pit 1 (next to trailer): Man on Man falling steel. This will consist of mirrored falling steel arrays with a cross plate in the middle. A shooter starts at either end, and the fastest one to fell them all wins. This is a casual fun thing, so competitors will be chosen as we see fit at the time. I can see pistol, carbine or shotgun here. Carbine, is defined here as standard pistol caliber carbine, to include .22lr.

Pit 2 (50 yard range in the middle):Some kind of paper/food thing, accuracy based. There are several ideas cooking, maybe a poker shoot, maybe an old fashioned USPSA Bill Drill, maybe Easter eggs, we will just have to see. I can see pistol and carbine in use here.

Pit 3 (rifle range): This month we break out the long guns. We will be shooting at some combination of hanging steel from 100 to 200 yards from a barricade at various supported positions. This will be a rifle only stage. Don't have a rifle? No worries, either borrow your buddies or shoot another stage again. All rifle targets will be 12" steel hanging plates.

Ammo count is hard to guess, it will depend on how much you miss, but there will be between 10 and 20 targets per stage.

Start time: Long range forecast is looking sunny, but chilly,so lets start signup around 9am and shooting about 10.

Fee should be $15 I should think, and $5 for anyone under 18 yrs of age.

Please signup at yorksignup@gmail.com.

Please drive gently on our grounds! Saturday, there will be an Easter egg hunt going on up front with kids running everywhere!

g

JJM82

Sep 20, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    Yeah. That was fun. Well besides the extra 1hr it took me to get there. First time up. Didn't know exactly where it was and 83 traffic sucked.

Gary, thanks for the good time and allowing me to shoot even though I was late. And thanks to our R.O.'s today. Didn't catch their names. Kalister1, I think you were one.

Hopefully I'll see everyone next month.

Cheers
    Josh

Tmiralle

Jan 29, 2010
    It was my first time at one of these and I had a blast. Everyone was friendly and super helpful. I look forward to the next fun shoot.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Lou started the squad on the rifle range and I helped him, along with others who pitched in.

That was a short Funshoot, Gary will normally have the back 5 pits and the front 1 & 2. The 200 yard rifle range is NOT normally used.

Marty

Paige

Jan 30, 2008
    Brennan and I had a great time. Definitely took a few shots to knock the rust off LOL

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Thanks everyone for coming out. Yes, expect more, we are quite limited with the current state of our ranges, but that is looking better each day. I plan to do rifle twice more this year, be ready for it, Saturday was a gimme, with those 12" targets.....

Many thanks to the regular shooters who help me run this thing each month, as you all saw, I was a bit distracted Saturday.

See you in April.

g

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom