• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    My unit is currently deployed and our sister company as well. Alot of us will return in February and the rest about a month or two after that. We are looking for a deployment commemorative pistol, one of the guys has already started looking and came up with a S&W M&P engraved with the "Marylands Finest" crest on it. I personally do not want this as our pistol and alot of the guys feel the same as me and we are looking at other options.

I am thinking a RIA 1911 or some sort of 1911 that is inexpensive that the gun nuts and everyone who is not a gun nut will enjoy just the same.

Anybody have any recommendations? I have no experience with this type of thing but I do not want the M&P as my commemorative pistol. There is nothing wrong with the pistol, its just not what most of us want.

If any dealers would be interested in talking please PM me or post in this thread. If any members have recommendations or tips please do the same. I know alot of you have done time in the Maryland National Guard, please give me your input and advice as well!

Also if you have any engraving idea's that tie in with OEF or Maryland guard history or any logo's that you think might be appropriate too. Some of the guys have jokingly been writing "Front Towards Enemy" on all of their stuff and that is kinda funny, but I dont know if that would be popular for a deployment pistol... Throw some ideas at me please.

Thank you!

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    One of my thoughts was to find just nice looking grips with the crest on them and then just get the pistols as a typical group buy. I dont what would be better, that or getting an engraving on the slide.

JCarlton81

Oct 13, 2012
    Severn
    I have commemorative pistols from two separate outings. One is a Para-Ord PXT-14, that I just bought because it was offered. The second is a Sig 1911, that I actually provided input on and they turned out great. Units have been doing this for over a decade now so almost every US manufacturer will work with you. The cost is usually based on the number sold, so the more people that buy it, the cheaper they will be. Sig was really easy to work with and here is the link to their commemorative pistols.

http://www.sigsauer.com/LawEnforcement/Le-Mil-Unit-Commemorative-Program.aspx

Sorry that you will have to copy and paste, but I am having trouble hyperlinking it.

Good luck to you over there. Be safe and thanks for your service.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I have commemorative pistols from two separate outings. One is a Para-Ord PXT-14, that I just bought because it was offered. The second is a Sig 1911, that I actually provided input on and they turned out great. Units have been doing this for over a decade now so almost every US manufacturer will work with you. The cost is usually based on the number sold, so the more people that buy it, the cheaper they will be. Sig was really easy to work with and here is the link to their commemorative pistols.

http://www.sigsauer.com/LawEnforcement/Le-Mil-Unit-Commemorative-Program.aspx

Sorry that you will have to copy and paste, but I am having trouble hyperlinking it.

Good luck to you over there. Be safe and thanks for your service.

I really wish I knew a guestimate of how much the pistols were because that would spark more interest. I have spoken to like 10 people and they all said if I could get the RIA for around 500$ they would be interested.

I dont even know where to start. Im going to call around a few people and see where I can get the pistols engraved from the factory. I think I already found a really sweet deal on the transfers.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I have a buddy who's unit got sig with some pretty nice engraving think it vame straight from sig and the prices were not that bad. Some deal that sig was willing ton provide based on mil service and a min number of pistols.

They did have some people who couldn't agree on caliber but eventually made I work.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I just emailed Sig about some 1911's with the "Marylands Finest" DUI and possibly the MP crest to as we are an MP unit. Im not sure if everyone would bite on that one though because we have alot of infantry and artillery guys attached and I dont want to leave them out.

My sons unit did the same thing when they got back last year.If you want I can try and get the particulars for you.

Attachments

• 935755_10151598588905857_738033059_n.jpg
      935755_10151598588905857_738033059_n.jpg
      47.6 KB · Views: 436
    • 941772_10151598592835857_763976768_n.jpg
      941772_10151598592835857_763976768_n.jpg
      87.8 KB · Views: 461

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    My sons unit did the same thing when they got back last year.If you want I can try and get the particulars for you.

I would love that.

I notice they went with the Sig deal were looking at. We are mostly interested in the 1911 but Id sure love the specifics if you can get them. Nice looking pistol

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Spoke with him yesterday and he didn't have alot of info.,but he said one of the other Sgts.set it up with Sig directly and it was a minimum order of 25 to get it done.HTH

OK I emailed Sig a few days ago so I should get a response from them anyhow. Thank you anyways though!

I cant wait to get a price guestimate so I can get this thing rolling.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    You could also try Lipsey's/TALO or Davidson's, they're 2 of the biggest wholesalers and both get a lot ;f special edition and commerative pistols from Colt and Ruger.

STI is another manufacturer to checkout that may do a special run and consecutive SNs for you.

Another but more expensive option maybe a gunsmiths like Wilson, Brown or Novak. All three have tweaked and tuned pistols for deploying units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom