• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattyrayb

Feb 23, 2010
    waldorf
    Any update ETA of LPKs & Uppers?
    I miss out every time there come in stock.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Subscribe to their Facebook he usually posts when high demand goodies arrived...ive helped friends buy lpk, spikes enhanced kits, buffer tube kits and bcgs in the last week that way

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Unfortunately items can sell out really fast. Typically we release them mid afternoon. Sign up for email notifications, and like us on FB. We give notices on some items on FB as they arrive back in stock as Mr. Crabs said above.

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Any update ETA of LPKs & Uppers?
    I miss out every time there come in stock.

You know what. I picked up a cmmg lpk from JoeBob today and while I could use it, I have a lpk without a fcg I can still use and just get another parts kit later on when they're more available. If you want it bud, pm me. It's yours at cost.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Right on! Any suggestions for a fcg for a plinker 5.45x39 build? It doesn't have to be top shelf, but a crisp non creepy trigger would be nice! :thumbsup:

IMO, I'd go with something full-powered to ensure solid primer hits with surplus ammo.

I'd go with an ALG ACT + Trigger Adjuster for a trigger under $75. In the $200 range, Timney or Geissele (and many other options) exist. Under $100, I think you'd be hard pressed to find something better than that combo.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    IMO, I'd go with something full-powered to ensure solid primer hits with surplus ammo.

I'd go with an ALG ACT + Trigger Adjuster for a trigger under $75. In the $200 range, Timney or Geissele (and many other options) exist. Under $100, I think you'd be hard pressed to find something better than that combo.

I saw you post a link for the alg act trigger and I got excited..,then I click on link and my dreams shattered,.,item on order :(

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep them in mind. Just gotta score a 5.45x39 upper at some point.

Spizike9

Apr 29, 2012
    Negative. AFAIK those are all Aim Surplus exclusives? Due to so many customers not paying attention when ordering, we haven't pursued it as we'd have more returns than Walmart on Dec 26th.

Yeah I still don't know if I want to buy any or not. I've got kinda spoiled with billet stuff as of late. It's frustrating because aim keeps getting them with NiB BCGs but yet to find a Nib Spikes bcg is impossible. You hardly see them on GB anymore. I haven't looked real hard but haven't seen them on the EE either. I think Spike's is hoarding them. ;)

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I REALLY lucked out and found a S & W 5.45 x 39 upper in a LGS for only $475 about 6 weeks ago....Almost couldn't believe it. I had only stopped in for some ammo...hahahahaha I could have sold it that night on GB for a profit if I had wanted to ...but...I DIDN'T WANT TO!!!! :-)

I had wanted to build one about 6-8 months ago, kinda put it on the back burner and then when Dec hit, started to look again for parts and stuff...but of course everything was OUT OF STOCK!!! Being happy with scoring that purchase, I was all excited about going to shoot it, then realized they take special mags...and only 1 or 2 companies make them!!!! And all were OUT OF STOCK!!!....Hahahahaha...Finally a friend found some up in Pa, and now just ordered 1080 rounds for only $189.99 from AIM...shipped yesterday :-)...next week...next week,....:-)

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Even though it never seemed to be a popular selling item, that ammo is getting more difficult to find in stock, and probably be going up in price.... :-(...I better get....oh....maybe 10K... :-) Hahahahaha....

The building I live in...its so old...Im afraid if I was ABLE to purchase that much ammo...it might fall through the floor!!! :-) hahahaha

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Yeah I still don't know if I want to buy any or not. I've got kinda spoiled with billet stuff as of late. It's frustrating because aim keeps getting them with NiB BCGs but yet to find a Nib Spikes bcg is impossible. You hardly see them on GB anymore. I haven't looked real hard but haven't seen them on the EE either. I think Spike's is hoarding them. ;)

We haven't seen any Spike's 5.56 NiB BCG's in a good 8 months IIRC. Hence why we're diverting 1000 NiB BCG's a month to our house-brand. There's a big shortage in the market, of all BCG's, but especially NiB. I personally would much rather have a NiB BCG for $200ish than a plane jane phosphate for $200-$400, or even $170.

I'm thinking the 5.45 BCG's are from a different supply chain. Since AIM has an exclusive on the 5.45 uppers I believe, there is a big bottleneck and thus seem to be more available.

Spizike9

Apr 29, 2012
    We haven't seen any Spike's 5.56 NiB BCG's in a good 8 months IIRC. Hence why we're diverting 1000 NiB BCG's a month to our house-brand. There's a big shortage in the market, of all BCG's, but especially NiB. I personally would much rather have a NiB BCG for $200ish than a plane jane phosphate for $200-$400, or even $170.

I'm thinking the 5.45 BCG's are from a different supply chain. Since AIM has an exclusive on the 5.45 uppers I believe, there is a big bottleneck and thus seem to be more available.

I'm with you on the BCGs. I won't put anything in my builds that isn't NiB. Even when you could buy Spike's phosphate for 115ish or NiB for 215ish. NiB all the way for me.

mattyrayb

Feb 23, 2010
    waldorf
    You know what. I picked up a cmmg lpk from JoeBob today and while I could use it, I have a lpk without a fcg I can still use and just get another parts kit later on when they're more available. If you want it bud, pm me. It's yours at cost.

Thanks! I was actually able to pick up a CMMG LPK the other day when they came. That is real awesome of you though.

I do have a question, though it probably doesn't go here. I installed the LPK as per the instructional video, but my safety selector only moves from like 10:30'ish to 12o'clock position. Has anyone else experienced this? Or have suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom