Best edged weapon training videos found for free.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Heres a good start.

excellent video at demonstrating some of the more basic principles of fighting in general, not just for edged weapons. One thing that always came in handy with wrestling/boxing was you meet a straight-line attack with circles and meet circular attacks with straight lines. It was one of the first things he covered with his demonstration of front/back pressure but lateral weakness and lateral pressure, but front/back weakness.

It'd be cool to spend a few days with that dude just soaking up knowledge, he's clearly got a passion to share it.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    In my younger days I was a member of Dagorhir (Sindarin Elvish, means "Battle Lords) the Dark Ages battle games founded in 1977 in Washington Grove, MD that has chapters all over the country and some abroad. I was there in the early days when it was confined to the Mid-Atlantic area. In 1986 was the year of Ragnarok I (Viking version of Armageddon) between the forces of the Mid-Atlantic and the forces from the Midwest. By then I had restarted my motor racing career. I used Dagorhir as an outlet for my martial arts training. My character was Ragnar the Axe a Viking from the island of Jom in the Baltic, one of the swornmen of Styrbjorn the Strong. While I also fought as a sword and shield man (Viking shields are actually called targes) my primary weapon was the two-handed Danish battleaxe (the bearded axe) , of which no one in Dagorhir could match (we had yearly tourneys for each weapon discipline and champions were crowned for the year). The first couple of years were generally woods battles at various parks in MD. Latter we added pitched field battles. I was often one of the Viking champions that went out between the hosts to challenge an opposing champion to single combat. I also found out quite accidentally that I was a berserker when I was struck by a weapon and went into a battle fury during one event. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom