• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I applaud your faith that the system works equally for all. I don't happen to share that same belief.

I personally believe that it's naïve to think such is the case. Sure, we'd all like to believe that is true, but believing does not make it so.

I never said the system works equally for everyone, I said the standards are there equally for everyone, how they are applied and administered is the issue.

Actually, I have no faith that the system currently is administered fairly. Having and "decisions by the Secretary" codified in COMAR would take away most of the "objective" administration of the standards.

So, while pushing for a legislative remedy for all of us, we also need to push for the administrative remedy as well. The administrative remedy is lower hanging fruit and ripe for picking if you catch my drift.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Well I am the "class" of person who got his permit by using the business person "loophole" and I have made a statement PUBLICLY, here is a link to my testimony in Annapolis about how ridiculous I think the system is.

http://youtu.be/vtjDcmZyFLY

I have maintained ALL along that the permitting scheme in this state is broken and I put my money where my mouth is.

Wow, I don't know how I missed this before, bravo!!!
    I'd like to shake your hand some day, you are the kind of person that we should all be trying to emulate to make a real difference.

There isn't anyone that has an easier time getting a permit over anyone else in this state. Even politicians have to submit a G&S and have the interview and background check. The same goes for doctors, lawyers, business owners, security guards, former LEOs, and those that have been a vicim of violent crime.

The standards are the same for everyone.

The above comment is misguiding and incorrect.

Show us in COMAR or the MD annotated code, where any list exists of who can get a carry permit?

Why do you do this? It's like you just try to go against me. I'm still not taking you off my Christmas card list, despite your consternation.

It is almost a certainty that if you are a retired MDSP officer you will 100% get a permit. Depending on your status and applications your odds and difficulty of getting a permit go precipitously down. We all know this, it's not misleading its absolute truth.

I never said the system works equally for everyone, I said the standards are there equally for everyone, how they are applied and administered is the issue.

Actually, I have no faith that the system currently is administered fairly. Having and "decisions by the Secretary" codified in COMAR would take away most of the "objective" administration of the standards.

So, while pushing for a legislative remedy for all of us, we also need to push for the administrative remedy as well. The administrative remedy is lower hanging fruit and ripe for picking if you catch my drift.

Then, you just proved that you knew exactly what I was saying, and that what I said is correct, geez. Yes, I'm saying push for both legislative and administrative solutions simultaneously. What gives? Do I owe you money or something? Just call me fat and ugly or something else less hurtful. :)

snow-flake-christmas-card-printalbe.png

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Wow, I don't know how I missed this before, bravo!!!
    I'd like to shake your hand some day, you are the kind of person that we should all be trying to emulate to make a real difference.

Why do you do this? It's like you just try to go against me. I'm still not taking you off my Christmas card list, despite your consternation.

It is almost a certainty that if you are a retired MDSP officer you will 100% get a permit. Depending on your status and applications your odds and difficulty of getting a permit go precipitously down. We all know this, it's not misleading its absolute truth.

Then, you just proved that you knew exactly what I was saying, and that what I said is correct, geez. Yes, I'm saying push for both legislative and administrative solutions simultaneously. What gives? Do I owe you money or something? Just call me fat and ugly or something else less hurtful. :)

snow-flake-christmas-card-printalbe.png

OK, you're ugly and fat... :lol2:

IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    well blaster coming back from a inujury. in jan 79 i got hit by a 68 grand marquis at oakwood rd and merry ln. it took me 9 month to get back to full duty. now when it gets cold or rains well i k now it. i did however complets my 30 yrs. and retire the first time.
    by your name blaster 229 i am guessing i worked for the same dept that you currently do.
    good luck . a455 out

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    well blaster coming back from a inujury. in jan 79 i got hit by a 68 grand marquis at oakwood rd and merry ln. it took me 9 month to get back to full duty. now when it gets cold or rains well i k now it. i did however complets my 30 yrs. and retire the first time.
    by your name blaster 229 i am guessing i worked for the same dept that you currently do.
    good luck . a455 out

No I don't. I am federal. I do feel the cold weather on this knee though.
    But you worked with and knew my Dad, Gerald T. He was part of the John Richards, Keith jackson, Pennington and Ed Smith crew back in the day.
    He snapped his achilles helping push a car up the hill near Murphs right before cedar hill cemetery.

My position requires a pretty strict physical fitness requirement of about 30+ items that need to be checked off in order to work. A lot of mat room wrestling, grappling, movement, close quarter defense type items. We get many med retirements because of this physical requirement. We shall see.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    No I don't. I am federal. I do feel the cold weather on this knee though.
    But you worked with and knew my Dad, Gerald T. He was part of the John Richards, Keith jackson, Pennington and Ed Smith crew back in the day.
    He snapped his achilles helping push a car up the hill near Murphs right before cedar hill cemetery.

My position requires a pretty strict physical fitness requirement of about 30+ items that need to be checked off in order to work. A lot of mat room wrestling, grappling, movement, close quarter defense type items. We get many med retirements because of this physical requirement. We shall see.

quite a PT test to be obamas golf partner. ;)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If you're hobbling around like a wounded animal you should carry all the time. Don't you know the preditors go after the weakest in the herd?

The best thing about being able to carry, is having the choice not to carry because it's a pain in the ass.
    I have been carrying for at least 5 days a week, 6 to 20 hours a day for the past 13 years and almost as much for some years before that.
    If it's my time it's my time. My hip hurts and my mind feels good taking a break from being in condition yellow all the time and not having to keep track of a pistol out in public when I venture out.

Thanks for the concern though :thumbsup:

15carbine15

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2014
    Prince George's County
    The best thing about being able to carry, is having the choice not to carry because it's a pain in the ass.
    I have been carrying for at least 5 days a week, 6 to 20 hours a day for the past 13 years and almost as much for some years before that.
    If it's my time it's my time. My hip hurts and my mind feels good taking a break from being in condition yellow all the time and not having to keep track of a pistol out in public when I venture out.

Thanks for the concern though :thumbsup:

When you conceal carry you constantly think about losing the pistol? This is interesting and gives me something to consider once we get conceal carry in MD.

Hope you feel better by the way.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    When you conceal carry you constantly think about losing the pistol? This is interesting and gives me something to consider once we get conceal carry in MD.

Hope you feel better by the way.

Not lose it, constantly mind it. Your every action revolves around having it.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I just recently spoke with a woman who has a MD carry permit. I asked her how hard was it to get. She related, it was simple, she just applied and got it in the mail. During our conversation she related that her husband was a police officer, and she sometimes had to work at night. That's it, no special "class" of people or anything, just the same old arbitrary process for approval we have seen for years.

She also confessed that she doesn't carry often, but it gave her a tremendous sense of security and was very comforting to know that she was doing so legally. I agreed. And I wish more people could experience this "security and freedom" if they wanted to in Maryland.

When I was interviewed for my MDSP carry application, the retired state trooper told me candidly at the end of the interview that I'd have no problem and should expect it in a couple weeks. I'll agree with many of you and say, had it been as easy as I expected, I probably would not have learnedor cared much about the struggle so many Marylanders have getting permits.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I just recently spoke with a woman who has a MD carry permit. I asked her how hard was it to get. She related, it was simple, she just applied and got it in the mail. During our conversation she related that her husband was a police officer, and she sometimes had to work at night. That's it, no special "class" of people or anything, just the same old arbitrary process for approval we have seen for years.

My wife's first cousin is a retired MSP Lieutenant. Does that count?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom