• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    How long has it taken to get denied?

How long has it taken to get approved(received permit)?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I doubt many are applying. Unless you have a connection, I would think that you're going to be denied.

Jim Smith

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    95 calendar days to receive permit, and that included Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years holidays.

Last edited:
    Jul 31, 2013
    State police received my application just before Christmas and yesterday I had my interview. The Sgt. doing my interview said it takes roughly 3 months from when they receive your application. I'm looking at a decision toward the end of March.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    We had several of our students get the wear and carry this year. All were business owners or worked for someone and carried cash. Approval usually take about 90 business days.

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    I filed mine February 2014 i think i recieved it late may early June 2014. There was a long period of no contact then like a week or two before receiving my permit my references were contacted and i had my interview.

Unknown User

Oct 19, 2014
    Maryland
    Turned my application in early November 2014 and my checks cleared about two weeks after. I had my face to face interview with the BI in December, all references including my wife were contacted mid December. I'm still waiting........

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Sent in renewal app Sep. 22nd, received permit first week of Dec. My wife mailed her renewal the week before Xmas and she is still waiting.

ETA: wife received hers yesterday, pretty quick turn around: mailed Dec. 22nd, check cashed Jan. 7th, permit received Feb. 5th.

Last edited:

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Application stamped by MSP 12/08/2014.
    FtF interview at barracks 12/17/2014.
    References contacted 12/27/2014-01/05/2014.
    Tropper submitted report to review board 01/15/2015.
    Still waiting. Investigating trooper advised I would hear something by 03/08/2015 (90 days) at the latest. We'll see.

Hjaalmarch

Jan 7, 2014
    I'm just an honest law abiding citizen of Maryland so my life is not valuable enough and thus doesn't warrant a carry license, so says the state.

Truest statement yet.

It gives me high blood pressure to think about, honestly. I always have a knife with me, but I can't throw the darn thing.

Unknown User

Oct 19, 2014
    Maryland
    I just don't understand why we have to wait so long, even to get one for work takes long.
    I would really like to know what they look at while doing the BI to carry because most of us has obtained our "HQL" and that requires a BC that includes fingerprints, then to purchase a firearm we have to undergo another FBI BC on every purchase so what else is there to look at that takes so long? doesn't the FBI check override the state?

Last edited:

thesecanes

Jan 24, 2015
    First post here for me... I submitted by mail my application on 12/31. Just got a call this past Friday. My interview is this Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom