• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    :lol:

Angst implies a generalized dread but I can quite well articulate what bugs me.

Given I've been working 60+ hour weeks and handling a lot of other things as well, maybe I'm a bit on edge. Especially today since I just passed another night this week without sleep.
    The only other guy who is as angry as me :D

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    None for me either. I do have a Sales & Use Tax License, however.

HoCo doesn't even require me to have a Business License because I stock less than 10K in inventory....
    HoCo forced me to get a business license, because I could not guarantee that I would never have inventory.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    HoCo forced me to get a business license, because I could not guarantee that I would never have inventory.

Interesting. Before I applied for my permit I checked in to getting a business license because I thought that the more the better to prove I was a legit business entity, but no dice. More to the point the lady on the phone told me I would have to show multiple months of inventory over $10K before they could issue me a license.

I am a contractor, not a retailer.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm not even 100% sure what "business license" we are referring to. I have both a MD Corporation and a MD based LLC. One does a fair amount business annually, the llc is somewhat small revenue wise. I don't have a "license" issued to me to operate either, the one corporation was formed in 2005.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Interesting. Before I applied for my permit I checked in to getting a business license because I thought that the more the better to prove I was a legit business entity, but no dice. More to the point the lady on the phone told me I would have to show multiple months of inventory over $10K before they could issue me a license.

I am a contractor, not a retailer.

Can you provide details to substantiate such a claim?

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Long and short for those who haven't seen my other posts, I am self-employed(Realtor). They want the brokerage whom I am affiliated with to write a letter that states they "want" me to be armed while working and affiliated with this broker. The brokerage will not permit my manager to sign such a letter and I completely understand why. I am furious as I meet all of the "G&S" reasons and my interviewing trooper said I looked like a standard case for them.

IT'S ON!

screen_shot_2015-02-25_at_3.17.04_pm.png

As a Retired Police Sergeant of 40 years in Baltimore City.

My response to MSP, the 2nd Amendment and the Right To Carry is always the same.

WHY should an honest citizen be forced to give a compelling reason why he should be granted his Constitutional Rights?

Should it not be the Maryland State Police responsible to give cause why a Citizen be denied his Constitutional Rights?

Eddie O

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Well stated Eddie, burden of proof should be on the State. And, that should be very easy though minimal investigation.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    None for me either. I do have a Sales & Use Tax License, however.

HoCo doesn't even require me to have a Business License because I stock less than 10K in inventory....

Do you still have to pay the business personal property tax?

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh

My response to MSP, the 2nd Amendment and the Right To Carry is always the same.

WHY should an honest citizen be forced to give a compelling reason why he should be granted his Constitutional Rights?

Should it not be the Maryland State Police responsible to give cause why a Citizen be denied his Constitutional Rights?

Eddie O

Last edited:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

Eddie O
    36243-nicolas-cage-citizen-kane-slow-30zh.gif

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh

Eddie O

:lol2: :lol2:

Last edited:

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I didn't record our phone conversation, so no. Feel free to call HoCo and ask what it takes to get a business license.

You betcha, doncha know.....

If you have to pay Business Personal Property tax, that means your an LLC, S-Corp, C-Corp, PA or CHTD - Your Articles of Incorporation should meet the MSP's needs to document your legitimate business - no "license" needed.

There are at least a dozen businesses that I can think of that require no license - even in Howard County.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom