• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Thought I would post this in case anyone else has trouble...

I had a $30 off on a purchase of $150 or more coupon at Dicks, so I went to the Westminster store this weekend and picked up some misc. ammo. I was careful to check the coupon small print restrictions because sometimes they have a restriction on ammo or firearms related purchases, but there was nothing on this one.

Went to pay and the cashier said she couldn't honor the coupon because of the ammo. I told her there was no restriction and I've used these types of coupons at this store many times. She called her manager over who was "too busy" to even make the trip over from the bike dept. and he gave her a no head shake from across the floor. Not wanting to back up the line any more, I just paid for my stuff and went over the the manager after my purchase to talk with him. Again, he was too busy putting together a bike to talk with me and sent me over to the front counter to talk with another cashier. This one was just as clueless as the last and couldn't explain why a coupon with no ammo restriction wasn't usable for ammo... "It just isn't" was the only coherent response I got. Fortunately, the cashier working next to him piped up and corrected him.... "No we can definitely use those" and she pulled me over and got my $30 credited back.... I remembered her from many other purchases and I told her that I was glad that someone in the store knew what they were doing. I also told her to tell her manager that a customer said she should have his job... she laughed at that.

Don't let them tell you that non-restricted coupons are restricted... most of these folks (to include management) have no idea about their own rules regarding firearms or ammo.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I've used the $10 off $50 coupons that are marked "not for ammo...etc" many times in the Bel Air store and only got a problem once. I told the cashier that they'd accepted the coupons before and she just said OK and took the $10 off

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I've used the $10 off $50 coupons that are marked "not for ammo...etc" many times in the Bel Air store and only got a problem once. I told the cashier that they'd accepted the coupons before and she just said OK and took the $10 off

Yup. Same thing at the White Marsh store for me.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Again, why do you expect anything else from a store named "Dicks"?

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I dont even bother with Dicks coupons......way too many restrictions and they expire.

Dicks honors Sports Authority coupons. Theyve honored a cell phone pic of a sports authority coupon on many occasion. Just needs a bar code.

20% off entire purchase is my favorite.

Ericw

Feb 28, 2012
    Greencastle, PA
    So I've always used $10 off $50 coupons for ammo and/or sale items at Dick's (if I checked the fine print and it didn't exclude ammo).

This past weekend tried it and got shut down by everyone from the cashier to the manager without a good explanation. Perhaps this is something that's getting paid more attention to now or something.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    fwiw I haven't received any of the coupons (that I normally would receive at least monthly, if not biweekly) since Christmas. and I definitely used everyone one of them when their ammo would be "on sale" (close to internet prices), and the coupon would make the ammo better deal than the internet.

when their "on sale" price for a box of 9mm is 12.99, its only worth buying with the coupon imo. and every time in the past the DSG in waldorf has accepted my coupon, restriction or not.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I won't shop at Dick's unless there's absolutely no other options. They're rude and clueless.

euchre98

Feb 13, 2009
    Leonardtown
    I've same issue as OP. Its really the libtard crap that the cashier believes.... Dicks loves to hire out of work college students/grads those types are a very anti 2A. Cashier has final say. Have an ex gf that her MD state grad her daughter worked there it really is up to the cashier on honoring coupons.

Last edited:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I only had a problem with dicks once haha, but I took my coupon and bullets to the casshier on the other side of the store and had no problem??

I was there today to see a bucket of 22LR is now $99.99, wasn't that a terrible gun show marked up price last year? 525 boxes @ $40. did the price of lead go up?

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Thought I would post this in case anyone else has trouble...

I had a $30 off on a purchase of $150 or more coupon at Dicks, so I went to the Westminster store this weekend and picked up some misc. ammo. I was careful to check the coupon small print restrictions because sometimes they have a restriction on ammo or firearms related purchases, but there was nothing on this one.

Went to pay and the cashier said she couldn't honor the coupon because of the ammo. I told her there was no restriction and I've used these types of coupons at this store many times. She called her manager over who was "too busy" to even make the trip over from the bike dept. and he gave her a no head shake from across the floor. Not wanting to back up the line any more, I just paid for my stuff and went over the the manager after my purchase to talk with him. Again, he was too busy putting together a bike to talk with me and sent me over to the front counter to talk with another cashier. This one was just as clueless as the last and couldn't explain why a coupon with no ammo restriction wasn't usable for ammo... "It just isn't" was the only coherent response I got. Fortunately, the cashier working next to him piped up and corrected him.... "No we can definitely use those" and she pulled me over and got my $30 credited back.... I remembered her from many other purchases and I told her that I was glad that someone in the store knew what they were doing. I also told her to tell her manager that a customer said she should have his job... she laughed at that.

Don't let them tell you that non-restricted coupons are restricted... most of these folks (to include management) have no idea about their own rules regarding firearms or ammo.

Be sure to take the survey on your receipt and give her a plug while at the same time noting what a Dick the mgr was. Yes, corporate does read them.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Every $10 off $50 I've had excluded ammo, not saying that the good ones don't exist. Myself and a couple of other members here will speak very well of the Dicks employees in Hunt Valley.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Every $10 off $50 I've had excluded ammo,

Yup. And I've never had a problem using one at White Marsh that I can remember. The people who work in that store have always been courteous and helpful to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom