Elkton, MD
    c2a439f8f06234017bc962c5b0bc89dc8b0d4975f38f3157b39be6c2b4b24da8.jpg

59100174.jpg

image.jpg

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    can someone inform me of the appeal of the EOTech?

I mean, I'm straight noobing when it comes to military quality optics (which EOTech isn't... but it is priced as it is) but why do people love the EOTech over an Aimpoint or what not? I get its not a red dot its a "holo" sight... but its a dot in the middle of a 65MOA ring with notches at N E S W.

does it pick up that much better of a sight picture than a red dot?

info: currently i'm using a bushnell micro red dot while I am working on convincing the wife than an Aimpoint is a necessary purchase I've never used an EoTech or an aimpoint, all I know about the EoTech is it has a larger field of view through the sight.

Dave Greenberg

Oct 24, 2015
    Millersville
    can someone inform me of the appeal of the EOTech?

I mean, I'm straight noobing when it comes to military quality optics (which EOTech isn't... but it is priced as it is) but why do people love the EOTech over an Aimpoint or what not? I get its not a red dot its a "holo" sight... but its a dot in the middle of a 65MOA ring with notches at N E S W.

does it pick up that much better of a sight picture than a red dot?

info: currently i'm using a bushnell micro red dot while I am working on convincing the wife than an Aimpoint is a necessary purchase I've never used an EoTech or an aimpoint, all I know about the EoTech is it has a larger field of view through the sight.

I think is the wider field of view combo'd with easier eyes on target the holo sight grants.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Mine works good , every time and all the time with no shitting the bed.

Mine too. Have dragged it through the woods, in the mud and transported it in my wet kayak. Has been mounted on a 12g and my Beowulf and works fine. Worked for the DM that just got back from Afghanistan in my last class too. We discussed this very topic for several minutes and his only complaint was the battery issue.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I've shot two rifles with an eotech mounted. On the first one I thought the reticle looked pretty fuzzy. Not much better than my $25 red dot special.

On the 2nd rifle, the sight fell off after about 150 rounds of rapid fire...

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    I just shot my EOTech-equipped upper on a friends lower with a slide-fire stock. I did three 40-mags as quick as I could. Not issues with the EOTech.

Everything was smoking hot, but the EOTech was fine. Still, I'm not going to depend on something I don't trust.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Mine too. Have dragged it through the woods, in the mud and transported it in my wet kayak. Has been mounted on a 12g and my Beowulf and works fine. Worked for the DM that just got back from Afghanistan in my last class too. We discussed this very topic for several minutes and his only complaint was the battery issue.

I was talking with a (former) marine who did a tour of Afghanistan a while back, he was putting together an AR setup and was emphatic about putting an EoTech on it. He never specifically said he used one over there, but I got the impression he did.

I like the fact that I can use iron sights through the EoTech, does anyone know if this is possible with the Aimpoints?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I was talking with a (former) marine who did a tour of Afghanistan a while back, he was putting together an AR setup and was emphatic about putting an EoTech on it. He never specifically said he used one over there, but I got the impression he did.

I like the fact that I can use iron sights through the EoTech, does anyone know if this is possible with the Aimpoints?

Yup, you can use irons through an aimpoint.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

You can use irons with an Aimpoint too. Aimpoints are nice, but I like the reticle and field of view better on the EoTech. I do think the resolution on the Aimpoint is better, but honestly my Primary Arms has the sharpest dot (not counting the Vortex Spitfire which has an excellent etched reticle.)

Then again, I'm not a grizzled operator, just a regular Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Immersion

You have that power too
    Oct 10, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Sad to see my EXPS2 go, but I got my confirmation email today and it's going out tomorrow.

With that said, hhheeellloooo T2! :D

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Hopefully, Eotech will be selling these refurb'd units at a significant discount to current pricing. I'd certainly pickup a 512 at the right price.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Anyone get a RMA without a receipt?, my 512 is an 06 model, no receipt, can't remember where I bought it. No problems with it, and do like the sight, but would love to cash it in twards an Aimpoint pro. Do like the sights and might buy another EOtech after the dust settles, assuming they are still in buisness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom