• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Anyone know if they will ever offer a fix for the battery drain issue? That's more important to me than whether it will work at -20F. Since mine takes 'N' cells which have about 1/4 the capacity of AA's, I have to change mine out about every 8 months or so.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Anyone know if they will ever offer a fix for the battery drain issue? That's more important to me than whether it will work at -20F. Since mine takes 'N' cells which have about 1/4 the capacity of AA's, I have to change mine out about every 8 months or so.

That's the reason I never opted for one of those N cells, but the -20F is not really the issue, the issue is the 122F which is easily achieved while stored in a vehicle on 90F days.........

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    So the military gets money back and we get nothing ? I'm not sure what all models are effected . But I have a dozen units , some different models.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

The battery drain issue is fixed by getting an Aimpoint.,,,,,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    This is the kind of thing that should ban them from the govt. contracting business. And we civi's should ban them for f'ing with our operators. Never seems to be any meaningful punishment for screwing the govt.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Don't know if I would still pick one of these up anymore, even if they were selling them for half off, feeling duped the more I read about it all.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    In industry, it's known as "specsmanship", a euphemism for fraud. Sadly, I see it all the time, especially from my company's low-ball competitors. The annoying part is explaining to customers why the competitive product claims are false. Most customers listen. Some don't, learn the hard way, and come back a few months later with tail between legs.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    So the military gets money back and we get nothing ? I'm not sure what all models are effected . But I have a dozen units , some different models.

Actually they will refund you if you send it to them with a receipt. See attached email. People have reported something like 2 hour response times, but I imagine it depends exactly on when you email them etc.

Attachments

• 12308779_10156262034975576_1056266795968637707_n.jpg
      12308779_10156262034975576_1056266795968637707_n.jpg
      39.4 KB · Views: 1,711

Bisondice

Ultimate Member
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hagerstown
    If anyone recently bought an xps3 and feels cheated, I will gladly buy it off you for half price:) I won't be shooting on the Hoth planet anytime soon:)

Ovid

Nov 19, 2011
    Reisterstown
    If anyone recently bought an xps3 and feels cheated, I will gladly buy it off you for half price:) I won't be shooting on the Hoth planet anytime soon:)

As tempting as that offer is, I took EOTech up on their offer of $732 + $15 for my EXPS3 =D

Actually they will refund you if you send it to them with a receipt. See attached email. People have reported something like 2 hour response times, but I imagine it depends exactly on when you email them etc.

Can confirm.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    The battery drain issue is fixed by getting an Aimpoint.,,,,,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oohhh Burn. But seriously I sold my EoTech a long time ago and went through the red dot progression. Vortex, primary arms, and I just got my Aimpoint. It took me a little while to see the light, but the Aimpoint is legit.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I said these things many years ago and fanboys got all pissed about it.

I have never owned one that didnt shit the bed. None would survive a hunt either.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I have a 512 model which had an issue with the electronics draining the batteries (type N) in a matter of a couple of days. Apparently a known issue and I was not the only one having it. Sent the sight in to get looked at and was told it needed a control board upgrade to fix the issue. It cost me $160 for them to fix an issue with their site. Have not bought another EoTech since.

I like the sites but, not getting ripped off like that. I think they should have stood behind their product and fixed it for free.

Oh well, live and learn.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom