Official February 6th day of event thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    John Wagner @WPJohnWagner, Maryland political reporter for The Washington Post, writes:

Md. Sen. President Mike Miller on O'Malley's gun bill: "Some parts ... are going to be tweaked. Some parts might be omitted."

Brian Frosh, chairman of today's Maryland Senate gun hearing, says he will try to limit testimony to four hours from each side.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Miller talking about splitting this bill into two or three parts. Each part would focus on a different issue, he said, with one addressing gun licensing. Not good.
    http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/...cle_3bbaf028-bba1-5ff2-8729-a5022c3c586d.html

Yea typical maneuvering to try and divide us. His problem now is that there are thousands of us. This really impressive.

I count 8 news cameras plus wjz, wbal, abc7, fox microphones at podium

Yes, and while most of them have left the podium area there are dozens of photographers and reporters here.

"As many as 3,000 gun-rights advocates have begun amassing outside the Maryland State House to protest "

Wow guys, just wow!

"Miller told the Senate he expects hundreds to want to testify and advised the committee members to stay in their seats throughout the hearing."

That would be a nice change

That is impressive.

Just asked one of the aides about it. She advised:

1. It is not their intention to stop at any particular count.
    2. They have never had this many people for a hearing.
    3. They will cut off at 1240 to start the hearing at 1300

"They have never had this many people for a hearing" - this speaks volumes

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    Just spent 30 minutes flipping between WJZ & WBAL noon TV broadcasts. Mention of Obama's five minute visit, mention of O'Malley addressing GA but no mention or pictures of rally or lines to testify.

Go figure.

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    Sounds like everyone needs to swarm Miller's office, and let him know, no more bills, no more bs, no more.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Crazy, in standing in line now to sign in to testify. Easily 500 of us here. So far only seen 2 people with buttons against us.

No way im going to make it to the sign in booth by 1245.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    There are still a couple hundred in front of us waiting to sign up, and apparently hundreds behind us.

I'm proud of my fellow Marylander's today!!

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    IMPORTANT!!! Frosh is splitting it up by bill. Making sign up last longer. They are closing the doors at 1pm. If you haven't signed up by then, you can't testify. Doesn't matter if you are in line or not!!!! Move quickly!!!!

I have been in line for 2 hours. Del Dwyer reassured us a half hour ago that if in line you get to sign. I really hope my 4'x4' sign got into some good pics because I will miss the rally because at this rate I will be another 1/2 hour. I hope my sign makes it into a van or at least someone is still with it.

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    Keep up the good fight Marylanders - love and encouragement to you from great Commonwealth of Virginia!

Politicians from across country watching you guys...

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Splitting their gun-grab into multiple bills is like a MIRV missile attack - trying to overwhelm our defenses using sheer numbers, hoping one or two will hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom