• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Some urban fixed blades (and yes, I took out the camera again). A Walther knife, a few from Cold Steel, and a boot knife from Smith & Wesson. The Delica folder included for size comparison.

Attachments

• DSC_0010.jpg
      DSC_0010.jpg
      37.7 KB · Views: 525

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Some bush/camping/hunting/woods blades. A Ka-Bar, Buck 119, Case, and Glock knife in the first shot (missing a Gerber hunting knife in the car). Joined by a Mora knife and Havalon Piranta in the second pic, and joined by a Ka-Bar Cutlass Machete in the last shot.

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
      DSC_0015.jpg
      35 KB · Views: 506
    • DSC_0016.jpg
      DSC_0016.jpg
      49.5 KB · Views: 480
    • DSC_0019.jpg
      DSC_0019.jpg
      60.8 KB · Views: 489

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Walking knife block. That's one way to carry them.

Reciprocally, I don't really have a great way to store knives other than laying them out in drawer. Was thinking that a leather knife roll might eventually be nice, but this often looks better if there is a uniform style to the knives, such as ones that come in a set.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    New nessmonk to go with my tracker. Bushmonkey may be my favorite maker right now.
    2015-06-22%2012.01.25_zps4lms38vi.jpg

2015-06-22%2012.06.49_zpsld5fps1t.jpg

For those interested in Bush Monkey Knives (like the above beauties), DSG does have some in stock right now ...

http://dsgarms.com/edged-bush-monkey

And until Wednesday night, there is a 10% coupon code for any orders $75 or higher: DSG10POFF

Their website is notoriously slow, so be patient.

More on Bush Monkey, their design philosophy, asymmetric grinds, contretemps with others, etc, here ...

http://www.bushmonkeyknives.com/Ethos.html

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Some bush/camping/hunting/woods blades. A Ka-Bar, Buck 119, Case, and Glock knife in the first shot (missing a Gerber hunting knife in the car). Joined by a Mora knife and Havalon Piranta in the second pic, and joined by a Ka-Bar Cutlass Machete in the last shot.

Dude! Awesome collection!

Thanks. I gave one of my previous Damascus knives away as a gift, so wanted a replacement.

I bought from this outfit, which currently has two similar knives for sale ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CFK-USA-Cus...wood-Hunter-Bushcraft-Camp-Knife/131539726533
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CFK-USA-Cus...wood-Hunter-Bushcraft-Camp-Knife/131539734966

Very generous! You're a good man.

Or crazy:D

Walking knife block. That's one way to carry them.

Reciprocally, I don't really have a great way to store knives other than laying them out in drawer. Was thinking that a leather knife roll might eventually be nice, but this often looks better if there is a uniform style to the knives, such as ones that come in a set.

Same boat here.

That would be helpful.

Pretty neat, especially for folders. :thumbsup: One danger that comes to mind would be the need to fill empty spots. :ohnoes:

Just like those empty slots in my second safe...:lol2::o

Totally kidding...:cool:

Or am I?:innocent0

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I just received a replacement for my 20+ year old Spyderco Endura 3. They didn't want to replace it, but they did. Here's a brand new Endura 4. I'm curious that they deemed a broken lock as normal use, but warned that they made a special exception, in my case. I still don't know why everyone is so taken with Spyderco's. My Native 5 is pretty awesome. But only now, that it's finally getting broken in. Oh well, hard to beat a free Endura, And, it is face shaving sharp!
    image.jpg

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Oh, and by the way. Don't open packets of pool shock, with 8Cr13MoV or VG-10 steel blades. If you look at the Endura, in the first picture, you can see rust starting to form. That packet was opened yesterday. The little one was starting to rust too, in one spot. But at least it had been about a month for that one to show. I was smart enough not to use the Native 5 for that task. But, I do wonder how well s110v would hold up to chlorine shock??? At $245, I'm not going to try and find out. I polished the Endura with Baracade, and it cleaned up fine. I guess I'll try it on the little guy too.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Good news regarding the Endura replacement. I'm carrying my 20+ yr old Delica today (with old G-2 steel that sharpens easily) - almost have a sentimental connection to this folder. That's scary how fast the rust set in (good thing that you checked!). I presume that the H-1 blade Salt or Presalt folders would have fared better.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I thought the VG-10 steel was supposed to be very rust resistant as well. I won't be using my knives to open pool shock any more. It is probably the sharpest knife I own now. As a matter of fact, I think it's the sharpest knife I've ever seen.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I thought the VG-10 steel was supposed to be very rust resistant as well. I won't be using my knives to open pool shock any more. It is probably the sharpest knife I own now. As a matter of fact, I think it's the sharpest knife I've ever seen.

VG10 is highly rust resistant. I've carried my SOG spec elite in vg10 and my old spydie centofante in vg10 into the ocean as swimmin-trunk knives without a spec of rust after 2 days. I usually just carry the old AUS-8 spydie here though, as aus-8 isn't really prone to rust either and this knife was a freebie. Hopefully soon I'll pickup something nice like a jumpmaster for summer swimwear.

IMAG0826_1.jpg

Of course rusting from chlorine exposure isn't exactly shocking. If you do that again in the future, just rinse the knife off with the hose before too long and you're GTG...hell, even just dunk the knife in the pool to dilute the chlorine a bit on the knife surface.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    VG10 is highly rust resistant. I've carried my SOG spec elite in vg10 and my old spydie centofante in vg10 into the ocean as swimmin-trunk knives without a spec of rust after 2 days. I usually just carry the old AUS-8 spydie here though, as aus-8 isn't really prone to rust either and this knife was a freebie. Hopefully soon I'll pickup something nice like a jumpmaster for summer swimwear.

View attachment 154292

Of course rusting from chlorine exposure isn't exactly shocking. If you do that again in the future, just rinse the knife off with the hose before too long and you're GTG...hell, even just dunk the knife in the pool to dilute the chlorine a bit on the knife surface.
    Seriously, swimming trunk knives? You're desicated, gotta give ya that :D

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Just like those empty slots in my second safe...:lol2::o

Totally kidding...:cool:

Or am I?:innocent0

No joke. 2 safes packed, I had to evict some. Wife agreed to this, yeah i can't believe she went for this either. The facing wall is next.

Attachments

• moswall.jpg
      moswall.jpg
      27.1 KB · Views: 398
    • moswall2.jpg
      moswall2.jpg
      24.8 KB · Views: 389

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members