• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    My 24 year old UM grad daughter had her job with Becton Dickinson halted (not fired).
    Anyway if you all know of a situation that is not too far from Towson she is a quick learner and not a drug addict. 12.00/hour and above would be great.
    She has a resume to send. Let me know please.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Try the hospitals. I'm sure they will hire a college grad. May only be a temp job, but once she gets in, all things are possible.

I wish her luck!

Her degree is in English and thanks for the hints

Have her check with Kennedy Krieger Institute (close to TV Hill). They are looking for program aides and possibly others. It should meet her minimum salary and has nice benefits- the coolest one being KKI pays for further education (with restrictions). My wife got her grad degree from Johns Hopkins with zero tuition paid by her.
    KKI also looks good on a resume, as they are considered one of the top special education institutes in the nation.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My daughter's experience with KKI was entirely different. She has a BS in Speech Pathology and was looking for a company that would help with her masters. She was hired by KKI as a teacher's assistant and started working in a classroom setting. She is certified in ASL and was a welcomed addition to the system. She thought she would love the job and she did for the most part. She had 1 child that was non-verbal and she took a great interest in helping that type of student. They moved her into another classroom older kids and that's when things got bad. She was abused by some of the kids. Some being 14 year old boys with the strength of a man. She was accustomed to the smacks and bites from the younger kids, but when she started get punched and bitten by these older kids, her body was taking a beating. Throughout her orientation they stressed that no one could retaliate once a student/kid/man child did anything to you. Now she was getting abused by these (children). She had to be treated for her injuries a few times. I told her to quit and never look back. There is no job worth having to take that kind of abuse. She did and is now working for Johns Hopkins hospital working outside her degree.

YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom