3-22 Carry Introduced for 2016 Legislative Session!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    :party29:

Still need to get my class done so I can carry out of state, but it will be nice to no I can do so in public soon, legally.

I think the Governor will just sit on it...and it will de facto become law.

Wasn't this vetoed last year?

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    The WVCDL Board of Directors understands that we cannot take credit for advances in reclaiming our Second Amendment rights. Because it is YOU that accomplishes these successes. The flip-side of this reality is that the burden for success lies on you as well.

The WVCDL is not an organization that begs for money. We ask for your activism, because THAT is what makes it happen.

And now is one of those times.

HB4145 has passed the House Judiciary Committee, and been advanced to the floor. Barring the unforseen, it will be on first reading tomorrow. Friday, it will be attacked by amendment after amendment attempting to water down the bill. Monday, it will go for the vote of the full House of Delegates.

This is where you come in. We need you, your family, your friends, your coworkers ALL to email and call your delegates, and ask them to pass HB4145 intact.

Find your delegate here.

If you cannot find your delegate, email me at kmorgan@wvcdl.org or call my phone (you may have to leave a message) at 304.421.3404, and I will personally help you find your representative.

Your calls are critical. Bloomberg is running robocalls, putting up billboards, running social media ads, and spending money everywhere in this state attempting to trample your right to self defense.

DO NOT LET BLOOMBERG WIN.

Make the calls and send the emails!

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/WVCDL-ALERT-2-3-Action.html?soid=1102955222215&aid=rkR1EiqU3KM

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I see on the 2nd reading that Delegate Skinner is throwing a bunch of anti gun amendments on the table, basically a lame attempt to make the underlying premise of the bill (Constitutional Carry) worthless.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I see on the 2nd reading that Delegate Skinner is throwing a bunch of anti gun amendments on the table, basically a lame attempt to make the underlying premise of the bill (Constitutional Carry) worthless.

Yes, I think that he introduced four amendments. Byrd has one, too, that is undermining. Third reading ought to be interesting. I heard today that we're about 1/4 of the way through the legislative session.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I received this update this morning from WVCDL

There is an old cliche. "Those who love sausage or the law, should watch neither being made." Cliche or not, it's quite true. And if you want to see why, by all means, show up at the Capitol at 11AM on Monday and watch the morning session of the house.

There are currently eleven amendments pending on this bill. I'll go with the good ones first.

The Good

Shott (R - Mercer): Delegate Shott's amendment simply fixes damage done by Tim Manchin (D - Marion). Tim Manchin split the bill in two in House Judiciary, splitting the enhanced penalties for gun crimes off as a separate bill. The strategy was to allow anti-gun representatives to vote for the enhanced penalties and avoid being called weak on crime, while allowing them to vote separately against constitutional carry. I suppose if your name in Manchin in WV, you're inherently anti-gun. It seems to run in the family. Maybe it's genetic.

Regardless, Shott's amendment fixes Manchin's damage.

Eldridge (D-Lincoln): Eldridge's amendment just adds an exemption to treat probation officers as law enforcement with regard to schools. It does not hurt the bill, and may make it a little stronger.

The Bad

Andrew Byrd (D-Kanawha): Delegate Byrd apparently believes that the rights of Americans can stop at West Virginia's borders. That a person from Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, or any other state, should not be afforded the same constitutional protections as West Virginians. This is a blatant violation of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. He would deny them their Second Amendment rights because they're from another state. Would he support a similar restriction, and ban NBC reporters from New York from broadcasting into our state? Would he support limiting NPR to stories written only by West Virginians? I think not. Because to him the First Amendment is probably sacred, but the Second is subject to his whim.

Then there's Skinner (D-Jefferson). He's inserting four goofy amendments designed to kill the bill. They do everything making sure teenagers with pocketknives with a blade longer than 3.5 inches have their lives ruined with a felony, to attempting to require insurance to carry a firearm. I personally think Skinner is in the wrong state. His views are much more at home somewhere like California or New York City.

The remaining amendments are redundant, and will be withdrawn for procedural reasons. The relevant ones have been discussed above.

So if you want to see the sausage made, I highly encourage you to show up and observe Monday. You'll hear every anti-gun argument ever made, and you'll hear some people really stand up for liberty.

Calls and Emails
    We have to keep those calls and emails going. Every district is important, but if you live in the following counties, your calls and emails are particularly critical:

Greenbrier
    Harrison
    Jackson
    Kanawha
    Marion
    Marshall
    McDowell
    Mercer
    Morgan
    Ohio
    Ritchie
    Summers
    Upshur
    Wayne

Call and email your delegate. Let them know to support HB4145 without any anti-gun amendments.
    Lobby Day
    February 15, 2016. Come stand with us in defense of your rights!

I look forward to seeing you all in the Capitol in Charleston!

We plan to start at 8AM. Arrive early to allow time to get through the security screening.

Keith Morgan

President,

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Constitutional Carry/Permitless Carry Bill passed House today 68-31. On to the Senate...

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Governor Tomblin said on Twitter, so the story goes, that he will veto any measure that doesn't give the Police more protection (or one that takes away their protection). I paraphrased.
    West Virginians need to be contacting their Senators and asking them to pass Constitutional Carry ASAP. The quicker the better, because we need to have enough time in the session to override the Governor's veto. You need to get on the phone and call now; also email.

To find your Senator, see link below (easy locator - provides email and phone no.):

http://www.legis.state.wv.us/Senate1/roster.cfm

Last edited:

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Calling all West Virginians -- Today's Action Alert from WVCDL:

Resistance in Senate
    It seems that Bloomberg's money might be having an effect in the Senate. We are encountering resistance to running the bill over "training concerns."

We all know that open carry is legal without training, and has not been a problem. We all know that Pennsylvanians carry in WV every day with no training requirement, and it's not a problem. We believe that most of the Senate knows this too, but might be caving to pressure from Bloomberg.

Your rights are in danger from New York money.

We need to you to make phone calls. We need you to let Senate leadership and the Senate Judiciary committee know that New York gun policy is not welcome here. We need you to let them know that this is an issue that influences your vote in November.

Call Senate President Bill Cole and let him know this issue will influence your vote for Governor:

(304) 357-7801

Call the chair of the Senate Judiciary, Charlie Trump and urge him to move this bill through his committee.

(304) 357-7980

Call the individual members of the Judiciary Committee and urge them to move the bill through the committee intact.

Ryan Ferns: (304) 357-7918
    Bob Ashley: (304) 357-7970
    Robert Beach: (304) 357-7919
    Mitch Carmichael: (304) 357-7855
    Sue Cline: (304) 357-7807
    Ed Gaunch: (304) 357-7841
    Robert Karnes: (304) 357-7906
    Art Kirkendoll: (304) 357-7857
    Mark Maynard: (304) 357-7808
    Ronald Miller: (304) 357-7959
    Corey Palumbo: (304) 357-7854
    Mike Romano: (304) 357-7904
    Herb Snyder: (304) 357-7957
    Bob Williams: (304) 357-7995
    Mike Woelfel: (304) 357-7956

Tomblin v. Cole
    The Tomblin veto signal laid the gauntlet before Bill Cole. We are seeing that perhaps Tomblin will win that duel. It's imperative that all West Virginians call Bill Cole and let him know where we stand on our Second Amendment Rights.
    Lobby Day
    February 15, 2016. Come stand with us in defense of your rights!

Lobby day is a week away! This is our chance to stand for our own rights. And constitutional carry will still be an issue. If you want your voice to count, you have to make it count. The WVCDL cannot do this part for you. History has shown that it is your activism that recovers our liberty. This is your chance. Show up and stand for your rights!

We plan to start at 8AM. Arrive early to allow time to get through the security screening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom