• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Got 2 hours in today with Al, got there at 4 - was a decent trip, until a off-duty St. Mary's deputy decided to shoulder, go to low-ready, and then present his AR while Al was at the 40-45 yard mark on his way back to the table. Bolt closed, mag in - wasn't a very good exchange between Al and him, Al went full-blown into his ass while he tried to play it cool as if it wasn't a big deal.

Doubt that'd have been the case if the roles were reversed.

Aside from that though, good day at the range.

was it good for you as it was for him? :lol2:

sorry.. cant help it.. ;)

yeah.. people need to keep eye out.. leo or not.. somebody need to keep it safe.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I personally try not to let anyone even touch arms when people are on the range, this guy conveniently acted like I didn't exist and continued to go thru the motions till Al got right into his ass - what I found most concerning was the guy's attitude towards it and the attitude he was starting to catch with al for al correcting/chewing his ass out about it. I was ready for the possibility of the guy turning around and throwing a punch, wasn't a good situation.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    was it good for you as it was for him? :lol2:sorry.. cant help it.. ;)

yeah.. people need to keep eye out.. leo or not.. somebody need to keep it safe.

:lol: :lol2:

Considering I didn't have an AR pointed in my general direction, I'd say today was better for me then it was for him... ;)

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    :lol: :lol2:

Considering I didn't have an AR pointed in my general direction, I'd say today was better for me then it was for him... ;)

Al should have gotten a name and badge number. If this guy was LEO, his info should have been passed onto DNR Police and his superiors. The rules are for everyone not just us citizens. Not cop bashing but I hate when people don't think the safety rules apply to them.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Al should have gotten a name and badge number. If this guy was LEO, his info should have been passed onto DNR Police and his superiors. The rules are for everyone not just us citizens. Not cop bashing but I hate when people don't think the safety rules apply to them.

Agreed, not bashing on badges by any means - but his demeanor left a lot to be desired.

He was off duty, but one of the guys that gathers brass at MG knew the guy he was shooting with and informed us of him being St. Mary's, that and the shirt and his build gave that away, good sized guy - but lacking common sense it seems.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I personally try not to let anyone even touch arms when people are on the range, this guy conveniently acted like I didn't exist and continued to go thru the motions till Al got right into his ass - what I found most concerning was the guy's attitude towards it and the attitude he was starting to catch with al for al correcting/chewing his ass out about it. I was ready for the possibility of the guy turning around and throwing a punch, wasn't a good situation.

umm you and AL's range time is starting to worry us here on MDS:lol2::lol2:

was it good for you as it was for him? :lol2:

sorry.. cant help it.. ;)

:lol::lol:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    At least I'm the tall one in that case..., he's trying to decide on going back down to MG, or go out to Chantilly.

I could do another range trip, but I'd go broke if I went out to Chantilly - too many toys, not enough cash.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    At least I'm the tall one in that case..., he's trying to decide on going back down to MG, or go out to Chantilly.

I could do another range trip, but I'd go broke if I went out to Chantilly - too many toys, not enough cash.

Still debating if I will go tomorrow. Used up 2 lbs of powder today. Need to bring up my stash. Stupid 5lbs limit.:banghead:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm completely out of .223 bullets, have plenty of primer's/powder/brass - just no bullets...

Spent most of my money on .45 bullets over the past few days, I'm liking the Berry's 185gr though.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Have to keep that in mind if I ever make it out there.

Lazy day, don't even feel like going outside today...

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Guess only Jmac and myself were the only ones brave enough to go to the range...and a covert KGB agent;) and one other guy that only stayed for 10 minutes:lol2: Didnt see Brad or crazy AL:innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Al wanted to go - he waterproofed his tactical beach umbrella and wanted to test it out in the rain, but I didn't feel like going out to find some .22 to shoot, depleted my shooting stock of 9mm, 45 and 223.

chrisstoys

Apr 16, 2012
    Port Republic, MD
    I read the rules for Myrtle about under 18, is it true they have to go through the Hunters course for them to be able to shoot with an adult? Any help would be appreciated for this newbie.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Officially. Yes, however i have never seen anyone down there ask a child that is being well supervised and safe if he had the class

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom