• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    not much.. me driving to baltimore area (when i took it) cost more.. LOL (yeah.. i hit a deer on the way home:o).

Bonus!

You got certified AND fresh deer meat, two-fer!! :lol2:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You got jipped then..., every deer I've hit, it was the end of the deer - even if it meant a second hit. :toothless

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I barely missed hitting a huge dog crossing Indian head Hway on my way to work this am. The guy on my right with an SUV wasnt so lucky. Hit that poor dog at about 65 mph. At least, it was quick for the animal.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I barely missed hitting a huge dog crossing Indian head Hway on my way to work this am. The guy on my right with an SUV wasnt so lucky. Hit that poor dog at about 65 mph. At least, it was quick for the animal.

Damn, at least I hope it was a quick end for the dog.

Some critters, if I can avoid - I'll avoid, others though, I just keep on trucking.

Got 2 possums in under a month, Buick Rendezvous has a smooth ride even over possums at highway speeds. :D

I've actually seen deer look both ways before crossing Route 4, they're getting wise.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    pre-tenderizing the meat?? :lol2:

As long as you don't burst the stomach... :lol2:

Actually the last deer I got, the guy in front of me popped 2 as well (they ran off though) in his PT Cruiser, looked at the one I got and asked if I was going to harvest it - I passed on that, but helped him load it into his car.

Calvert County - got to love it.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    As long as you don't burst the stomach... :lol2:

Actually the last deer I got, the guy in front of me popped 2 as well (they ran off though) in his PT Cruiser, looked at the one I got and asked if I was going to harvest it - I passed on that, but helped him load it into his car.

Calvert County - got to love it.

:lol2:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Roadkill.... its the other meat.
    as long as there is tabasco sauce... I'm good with it

if you notice.. i have this sticker in the back of my truck.. LOL

roadkill_cafe_logo.jpg

or similar to it.. LOL

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    if you notice.. i have this sticker in the back of my truck.. LOL

roadkill_cafe_logo.jpg

or similar to it.. LOL

I used to have one of their shirt's. :D

Collie hit by a trollie

Oodles of Poodles

I still laugh at that shirt, even though it's now 3 sizes too small for me.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I went to College in Savannah, GA. Across the street from my apartment was the RK Cafe. AKA Road Kill Cafe. One of the hostesses always had a white rat on her shoulder. It was a pet but I still refused to eat there.

Since we seem to have some interest in the RSO course I will find a place to hold it and work up the cost. Hopefully I can get this done by this weekend.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Okay... note to self:
    decline lx1x dinner invitation during rut season. check his truck's bumper for deer particles. Bring tabasco sauce just in case....

i think there still deer blood on the bed of the truck from couple of years back (yes.. i had no luck this past deer season..damn cayotes).

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The biggest buck that I got was about 15 years ago. 12 points.. got it with 20,500,000 grain projectile at 65 mph. ( VW Golf GTI) , Rt. 5.... My car mushroomed like 22LR hitting a steel plate.

The car was a complete loss.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The biggest buck that I got was about 15 years ago. 12 points.. got it with 20,500,000 grain projectile at 65 mph. ( VW Golf GTI) , Rt. 5.... My car mushroomed like 22LR hitting a steel plate.

The car was a complete loss.

Rookie..., I got my last one with a near 4800 lbs dodge dakota, cost me a bumper, headlight and a radiator, but I managed to limp it home - the deer was done on impact though... :lol2:

jmac

Jan 24, 2011
    St. Marys County, Maryland
    not much.. me driving to baltimore area (when i took it) cost more.. LOL (yeah.. i hit a deer on the way home:o).

That sux about the deer, I hate when they charge your car, I had a doe run across a field to tag mine, that sucker hit the front fender and did a full flip above the roof and landed on the hood, I was suprised to see the thing jump up and run off... ghey neon=1 deer=0

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    Was at Myrtle Grove yesterday...was there at 1pm when they opened...good times...good shootin :)

Kinda crowded though, and the sun was KICKIN! But the fish weren't biting down at the pond :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom