• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Younger brother myself, completely understand... ;)

Both my upper's are 1:9 twist, I've run everything from 40 something gr varmint grenades to 75gr Match rounds and have gotten nice groupings. I just prefer to run the same weight for plinking as I have for SHTF ammo, no worries about that ever so slight shift in zero then.

I've seen a few people bring chrony's down, I know a younger, medium-build guy brings his down when he's checking loads on his .308 (suppressed and un-suppressed), I'll worry about clocking them later, right now I'm just trying to work back up to this upper's sweet spot, I should've stopped when I hit it the first time..., but youth is a mother....

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Mdeng can vouch for the burst fire, he witnessed it... :o

For me, it'll be watching for signs of excess pressure on the spent casings, if my primer's don't flatten out, I'll be on the right path till I get a chance to chronograph them and see what velocities I'm getting.

I went completely back to square one for my AR reloads. I'll probably be doing it again, going to switch to 62gr FMJ, 55gr FMJ is cheap, but I like the idea of just a touch more weight - and it shoots well out of my guns.

I went to the truck to get something when this happened. I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING!:outta her

Brad I have a chrony you can use. Nothing fancy but it works.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I went to the truck to get something when this happened. I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING!:outta her

Brad I have a chrony you can use. Nothing fancy but it works.

:lol: :lol2:

I still have Sgt. Schultz stuck in my head from another thread, so that just got me laughing.

Appreciate it :thumbsup:, one of these days I'll finally get around to picking one up myself..., I just find other gun-related items to spend the money on first. :o

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Went today after stopping by accokeek for something earlier this morning.

Not too bad today, range was full when I got there, but people give up a table w/out any hesitation and even loaned me a set of ears (forgot mine..), got some much needed trigger time in (been an odd week - I needed it), only had to jump on one person about rapid-firing - other than that, a pleasant day at the range.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Went today after stopping by accokeek for something earlier this morning.

Not too bad today, range was full when I got there, but people give up a table w/out any hesitation and even loaned me a set of ears (forgot mine..), got some much needed trigger time in (been an odd week - I needed it), only had to jump on one person about rapid-firing - other than that, a pleasant day at the range.

I believe I was the one who loaned you those peltors :D It was a very nice day and I got a tone of brass! I will be there tomorrow bright and early to run actually train a little, today I just kind of plinked a couple rounds, let some other people shoot my handguns (they were looking to buy) and talked.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I believe I was the one who loaned you those peltors :D It was a very nice day and I got a tone of brass! I will be there tomorrow bright and early to run actually train a little, today I just kind of plinked a couple rounds, let some other people shoot my handguns (they were looking to buy) and talked.

Well I'll be damned..., you had great timing, my head was rung pretty good from the AR on table 1 by the time you got there.

Yep, plan on being there tomorrow too, early of course - crazy al wants to do some shooting, heard he was going to try and get SCARCQB out there as well, should be interesting regardless.

I got to get some more .45 bullets, got all this brass cleaned and ready to go, but no bullet's to seat in those cases... :sad20:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Well I'll be damned..., you had great timing, my head was rung pretty good from the AR on table 1 by the time you got there.

Yep, plan on being there tomorrow too, early of course - crazy al wants to do some shooting, heard he was going to try and get SCARCQB out there as well, should be interesting regardless.

I got to get some more .45 bullets, got all this brass cleaned and ready to go, but no bullet's to seat in those cases... :sad20:

do you live at myrtle grove:sad20::lol2:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Pretty much..., he was just saying how his boots had .22 cases stuck in the treads when he got home the other day, I couldn't help but chuckle some... :D

i had a regular cab toyota pickup I used to take out in the desert in idaho and shoot "whistle pigs" aka ground squirrels...everytime i turned on the heater .22 brass would fall out of the bottom of the heater duct:lol2::lol2:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    i had a regular cab toyota pickup I used to take out in the desert in idaho and shoot "whistle pigs" aka ground squirrels...everytime i turned on the heater .22 brass would fall out of the bottom of the heater duct:lol2::lol2:

Damn... :lol2:

My back porch is absolutely littered with .22's right now, tree-rats have been out, so the sub-sonics and the model 60 has been too... :innocent0

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    :lol2::lol::lol2: dont forget about leftover cases that asshats leaves behind.

I dont consider them an issue, I pick up so many once fired 223 and 9 mm cases that i am stocked for a long time. and every once in a while I found other usefull cases.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Got PLENTY of .223 and .45 today, going to need to order more supplies now.

Had to wait even at 8:30 this morning, from now on, I'm not giving advice on times to get there, cutting into my trigger time now...

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The best time to go is non holiday monday morning between 0900 and 1300. I havent seen a single shooter during this time. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom