• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I put these two together last year. I have the hdx one. It doesn't seem to drop past 0° after I let the arrow fly. I think its bouncing up and toucking the fletching. That is causing a 3-4" shift to the left at 30yds. Does this sound right? Should I deal or put a whisker bisket on? I guess I could move my pins left. I love this rest but don't think its really made for this bow. I've adjusted all I can on the rest. I've looked at my friends that have Mathew's and they drop past 0° and stay down. Any suggestions? I know get a Mathew's:)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If you're thinking you're having contact somewhere, rub a little lipstick on the spots you suspect. Take some shots and examine your arrows and veins for transfer. I have a Mathews but, Diamonds are good bows. Only other advise i'll offer, if you make mods, always do it to the part and not the bow.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Check to be sure the timing of the QAD is setup correctly. In my experience, the rest needs to come to the full up position in the last inch (or even half inch) of the draw stroke. Many times it they are setup to come to full up a little too early and in fact, they are not dropping quickly enough to allow proper fletch clearance as the fletching passes over the rest.

Also check your nocking point location and be sure it is not below square, rather a little above square (1/8-3/16") when the rest is in the full upright position (not at the normal static upright position). Also check to be sure the marks are properly aligned when at full draw. This is pretty critical.

I have shot QADs on my hunting rigs for many years with no issues on several different bows.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    I've been running the Diamond Liberty since it came out (04-05 I think) with the QAD. IMO the QAD if set up properly is the best rest on the market, and Diamond bows are extremely nice for the money.

Take it to a bow shop to get it set up right.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    To be honest, I was having clearance problems with my QAD ultra on my Switchback. I switched to an NAP Apache DA. It has a wide 'whale tail' rest that gets out of the way. If your bow has a long dwell zone, the QAD can give problems not dropping(bad form). in my case, I think it was bouncing back up after it dropped. Either way, I was getting a little consistent wear on my right bottom vein, no matter what I did.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Well I've adjusted the rest as much as I can to get it to lay/fall past 0°. Which is the way I read it should be. I love the rest. I'll keep it for the Mathews I know I'm gonna get. I think the whisker is the way to go on this bow. I still have to try moving the pins..if I can.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Well I've adjusted the rest as much as I can to get it to lay/fall past 0°. Which is the way I read it should be. I love the rest. I'll keep it for the Mathews I know I'm gonna get. I think the whisker is the way to go on this bow. I still have to try moving the pins..if I can.

Good luck. I switched to a single pin about 20 years ago and never looked back. Shoots 20-70 yds and everywhere in between.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Update..I've adjusted the whole sight left. Much better. Now to practice.

Be sure to check center shot and maybe paper shoot it(though not necessarily reliable to accurate performance, it will tell you your set-up is close).:thumbsup:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I put these two together last year. I have the hdx one. It doesn't seem to drop past 0° after I let the arrow fly. I think its bouncing up and toucking the fletching. That is causing a 3-4" shift to the left at 30yds. Does this sound right? Should I deal or put a whisker bisket on? I guess I could move my pins left. I love this rest but don't think its really made for this bow. I've adjusted all I can on the rest. I've looked at my friends that have Mathew's and they drop past 0° and stay down. Any suggestions? I know get a Mathew's:)

I had a QAD...changed to a ripcord and its 10x's quieter and more accurate. also make sure your fletching isnt hitting any string or part of the rest. If you notice marks on the rest or fletchings something isnt lined up right.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Outrider58. I checked my center shot. It was off like 1mm. That was pointing left. So moved things back from before. Small improvement. More consistent.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Outrider58. I checked my center shot. It was off like 1mm. That was pointing left. So moved things back from before. Small improvement. More consistent.

:thumbsup:

Once you get consistency, keep moving back, that will tell you where to fine tune it to. A 1/4 inch @ 20 yds will be 1'' or so @ 30yds. Move back to 40 and it might be 4''. That's how I fine tune my bow. I keep going out to 60 yds.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Final update: well it still wouldn't group well. So I had been wanting to go to Marchio's sport hut in Hanover for a month. Mathew's ChillR has been calling me. Well basic tune up fixed that. Great guys there. I'm for sure I'll be back for that ChillR is so sweet.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Final update 2: well I put the Hostage rest back on, along with everything else that was stock. Why? Because I got a 2015 Mathews ChillR. The QAD ultra will now be installed on that bow. The Outlaw did shoot better after I reinstalled it. I will be selling said bow to fund the chillR. I found a NIB on eBay for $695 and could pass it up.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Final update 2: well I put the Hostage rest back on, along with everything else that was stock. Why? Because I got a 2015 Mathews ChillR. The QAD ultra will now be installed on that bow. The Outlaw did shoot better after I reinstalled it. I will be selling said bow to fund the chillR. I found a NIB on eBay for $695 and could pass it up.

Hey! Good find. Good hunting!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

Id say try Ripcord rest...they are quiet and work great on my Mathews.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Thanks wilcam, I moved it over and it was tuned at Marchio's in Hanover.PA. I'm super happy with it on the ChillR. It sucked on the Outlaw,even after the tune at the same shop. If I had a friend that was using a Ripcord rest I might have gotten one. All of my friends use the QAD and never complain. Not to say its perfect. I spent like $120+ on it, its gonna go on. Again the idea was to return the outlaw to stock to sell,so the qad had to be used. BTW its killed my first buck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom