• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    The Company I work for in Howard Co. is hiring multiple positions for experienced applicants.

Looking for Oil Burner mechanics to do annual tune-ups.

Looking for HVAC Tech(s). with Journeymans license.

Looking for full time and seasonal CDL drivers to deliver home heating oil. (Hazmat, air brake, and tanker endorsements needed)

Positions offer medical benefits, 401K, company vehicle, etc.

Not looking for "temps", want people who are thinking long term.

PM me here or call our office at 410-465-3800 and ask for Jim.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    This something I have always wondered about, hopefully this is not too far off topic or stepping on the toes of your thread.

What do the tanker drivers do during the summer, when heating oil is not in demand? I used Carrol Fuels in the past to fuel my generators (>$800,000/year) and always wondered what the trucks would do in the summer other than deliver #2 diesel to generators.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Systems designed to provide domestic hot water use oil year round. Also have accounts that need off-road diesel for generators and equipment. Also run heating oil when we do tank replacements, which we do year round also. This is why I have 1 full time driver position open right now.

Drivers that are seasonal have the option of us training them to do annual maintenance tune-ups on oil burners which they would do from April-October, and would turn their seasonal driving position into a full time position. In other words, delivering oil November-March then tune-ups April-October.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Thank you for that insight. None of the fuelers I meet out here have any clue about heating oil; it's nonexistent. Boilers don't exist in the residential market, and are extremely few and far between in the commercial market. Most industrial boilers here are natural gas or electric.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Bumping this back up top.

I would also like to add that we have full time openings for entry level burner mechanics. We will train you. Once trained and you are out on your own, a company vehicle is provided.

For those who have your CDL and required endorsements, we can also train you in the delivery aspect of the driver position(s).

Comfortable working environment with a long time family owned and operated company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom