• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    I have a German P7M8 which was police turn in 10-12 years ago.
    It is in good shape but the police marking was milled off with a neat rectangular cut.
    I remember hearing that some one sent his P7M8 out to a metal refinishing outfit and had the slide refinished with removal of the milling cut and resharpening/redefinition of the rest of the stampings.
    Anyone have any info on such a service?
    DocAitch

dY1PqM.jpg

Last edited:

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I have a German P7M8 which was police turn in 10-12 years ago.
    It is in good shape but the police marking was milled off with a neat rectangular cut.
    I remember hearing that some one sent his P7M8 out to a metal refinishing outfit and had the slide refinished with removal of the milling cut and resharpening/redefinition of the rest of the stampings.
    Anyone have any info on such a service?
    DocAitch

dY1PqM.jpg

HOLY SHIT!

Is that what the scratch is? Milled off the police stamping?

Man, I had one years ago and I could not figure out how such a small and perfect scratch appeared on the gun in that one area. It did not look neat, it looked like a perfectly rectangular scratch.

You'd think they could at least make it look like machining.

And what is that purple finish? Is that on all Police P7s? I had never seen another plum P7 until now.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Park Cities Tactical used to be the go-to place for P7 info and trading. Site was down for quite a bit and lost a lot of followers, but there's still good info there and people with extensive background info. You might want to take a look around.

http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary

I used to spend a lot of time there but it went down as you say. Plus it was loaded with HK fan boys who could not tolerate anyone questioning or posing a problem with the PSP's.
    There were 2 places that did the mark removal and would chrome the guns. Tripps was one, can't remember the other and one of them stopped doing it. I never had the money at the time to get mine done. One of the places was also applying a black finish.
    Now I need to get back on site, or try, I suddenly had a problem with accessing it and never went back.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    HOLY SHIT!

Is that what the scratch is? Milled off the police stamping?

Man, I had one years ago and I could not figure out how such a small and perfect scratch appeared on the gun in that one area. It did not look neat, it looked like a perfectly rectangular scratch.

You'd think they could at least make it look like machining.

And what is that purple finish? Is that on all Police P7s? I had never seen another plum P7 until now.

P7's turning plum with age is very common. I have a gun exactly like the OP's , mark, plum and all. Also have a P7 PSP. The one shown is a P7 M8. Most accurate guns I own.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    I looked at the park cities site and found a reference to Ford's Guns. Under the section "Services" is a link "Our Milling Service".
    In that they have pictures of a P7M8 which had similar grind mark removed and the the pistol was finished in brushed chrome.
    Interestingly, the area that was ground off was a picture of the Statue of Liberty.
    DocAitch

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    You got, it Fords. IIRC they will grind the slide and redo any markings so it looks right. The German guns didn't have a statue of liberty on them. If you do follow thru with this I'd like to hear how it goes as I am still thinking of having mine done. The hard chroming just looks so nice and they will do the mags also.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    Rico,
    I think that the Statue of Liberty would have been one of the departments in NYC. I believe that some CONUS departments used the P7M8, New Jersey comes to mind.
    There is no hint of what was on my slide.
    I have a sale pending to one of the MDS members, I will let him know of your interest.
    I believe that he intends to send the pistol to Fords.
    DocAitch

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    The Statue of Liberty and Liberty Island are operated by the National Part Service and protected by US Park Police who carried the P7M13 with a few P7M8's up until the early 2000's. That pistol is very likely a USPP trade-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom