• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    Search the forum... they cancel MD orders for complete guns.

I know the history. We shall see.

I think they may have hired someone recently that knows how to read the Maryland State Police website. But you're right, I should've waited until I got the shipping notice before I posted. AR-10s are cash and carry, not sure why anyone would refuse to ship. I talked to PSA at length last week, they realize they are wrong about their approach to shipping lowers in Maryland. I think it's quite possible we will see them change their policy soon. Unless they do this for some twisted political reason.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I got one from grabagun, they did not include the magazine and so discounted the gun, I ended up getting it for 980 shipped instead of 999.

The great thing is that since them not shipping the mag was a miscommunication, they ended up sending the mag (blocked) at no charge to me.

This gun shoot like the dickens

It shoots 168 grain the best, but the 145 grain PPU white box has been OUTRAGEOUSLY accurate considering the 1/10 barrel twist.

I thought it was a pencil barrel, but after taking the handguards off it is much more like a socom profile (which is AWESOME, btw, I'm seeing better accuracy out of socom barrels than many HBARs)

You all know I'm a sucker for the melonite, and the 4140 cmv, and yes I checked, it does have the vanadium, takes the nitriding exquisitely. The barrels are cut by the same equipment that turns out Thompson Center barrels- the guns shoot like crazy.

The only issue I had was a small blemish in one of the grooves of the rifling that looked like someone had gotten over zealous when polishing out the nitriding salts, but frankly the gun shoots so incredibly well I am unwilling to risk sending her off and getting back a barrel that doesn't shoot as well. I had originally planned to freefloat the barrel, but it shoots incredible with the stock plastic guards, no heat shields that I can see though.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    I got one from grabagun, they did not include the magazine and so discounted the gun, I ended up getting it for 980 shipped instead of 999.

The great thing is that since them not shipping the mag was a miscommunication, they ended up sending the mag (blocked) at no charge to me.

This gun shoot like the dickens

It shoots 168 grain the best, but the 145 grain PPU white box has been OUTRAGEOUSLY accurate considering the 1/10 barrel twist.

I thought it was a pencil barrel, but after taking the handguards off it is much more like a socom profile (which is AWESOME, btw, I'm seeing better accuracy out of socom barrels than many HBARs)

You all know I'm a sucker for the melonite, and the 4140 cmv, and yes I checked, it does have the vanadium, takes the nitriding exquisitely. The barrels are cut by the same equipment that turns out Thompson Center barrels- the guns shoot like crazy.

The only issue I had was a small blemish in one of the grooves of the rifling that looked like someone had gotten over zealous when polishing out the nitriding salts, but frankly the gun shoots so incredibly well I am unwilling to risk sending her off and getting back a barrel that doesn't shoot as well. I had originally planned to freefloat the barrel, but it shoots incredible with the stock plastic guards, no heat shields that I can see though.

Nice review. It makes me want one that much more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom