• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Makes me glad I never bought into the plastic stuff.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Did you read the entire link in the OP? Seems that Dave was saying that was a single prototype and the production models were made differently, similar to the way Glock does serial numbers.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Did you read the entire link in the OP? Seems that Dave was saying that was a single prototype and the production models were made differently, similar to the way Glock does serial numbers.

I also read the entire article and the linked information. The PC (Plum Crazy) lower in question was ONE prototype that was sent for an opinion. After the letter, the process was changed to fit existing law and no PC lowers were ever sold that had the type serial number plate from that prototype. All PC lowers sold are compliant.

Folks should read the links... including the response from the owner of FA (Frontier Armory). Since he was a distributor of the PC lowers when they were first offered on the market.

The FA lowers have the same type of SR# block as Glock pistols. An embedded steel tube that the number is etched into.

The hype caused by headlines like this is unreal. How many other companies had their first designs turned down by the ATF? Did their letter get published?

Apparently the PC company is out of business because of a suck product and worse customer service. The FA company changed the mold to strengthen the lower and also changed the polymer composition. They are still in business with good reviews and customer service to boot.

I would not personally want a PC lower... The design had weakness issues and the polymer composition was flawed. But, I do not have the same concerns with FA lowers. The molds were adjusted to create a stronger frame and the polymer composition was altered for the same reason.

And I certainly am not going to don my tinfoil hat and wait for the arrival of the ATF to pick up my FA lower. I don't own a PC lower, but if I did... ATF picking it up would be the last thing I would be concerned with.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I also read the entire article and the linked information. The PC (Plum Crazy) lower in question was ONE prototype that was sent for an opinion. After the letter, the process was changed to fit existing law and no PC lowers were ever sold that had the type serial number plate from that prototype. All PC lowers sold are compliant.

Folks should read the links... including the response from the owner of FA (Frontier Armory). Since he was a distributor of the PC lowers when they were first offered on the market.

The FA lowers have the same type of SR# block as Glock pistols. An embedded steel tube that the number is etched into.

A common problem around here. Folks usually only get through a paragraph or two before spouting off. Linked articles or even posts on this forum.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    to aid in the location of lost/ stolen firearms [similar to t.vs and laptops]
    to ensure proper registration and proof of ownership
    to aid police in tracing firearms
    to allow companies in keeping track of production runs and number of weapons made
    to allow collectibility and proper dating of historic firearms
    to hinder firearms theft by making legitimate sales of stolen firearms difficult

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    to aid in the location of lost/ stolen firearms [similar to t.vs and laptops]
    to ensure proper registration and proof of ownership
    to aid police in tracing firearms
    to allow companies in keeping track of production runs and number of weapons made
    to allow collectibility and proper dating of historic firearms
    to hinder firearms theft by making legitimate sales of stolen firearms difficult

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom